Exclude current segment members from receiving autoresponder

Hi all,
I segment A with a number of existing members of that segment. I'd like to be able to create a new autoresponder that is triggered by membership in segment A, but I don't want to send out the autoresponder to existing members of segment A (only to new members). How do I do this?

I don't want to select "no" for "include current subscribers" and this prevents the autoresponder from being sent to existing subscribers that are not currently a member of segment A, but may later become a member of segment A in the future.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi all,
I segment A with a number of existing members of that segment. I'd like to be able to create a new autoresponder that is triggered by membership in segment A, but I don't want to send out the autoresponder to existing members of segment A (only to new members). How do I do this?

I don't want to select "no" for "include current subscribers" and this prevents the autoresponder from being sent to existing subscribers that are not currently a member of segment A, but may later become a member of segment A in the future.

Thanks!
use a custom field, and if need be pre-population / logic

Thanks @frm.mwz
Could you expand on that? I don't fully understand. I'm currently using inclusion of a text string within a custom field as the condition for membership in a segment.

example of my segment definition: Custom-Field-A contains "123"

you could create a new custom field and populate it with string "new" whenever someone gets tagged as "123" from today on.
That way you can create a new segment with subs who are both tagged as "123" and "new" and send your autoresponder to that segment = a sub-segment of your "123" segment of new subs only

Reactions: 007
Just to confirm that this is intended functionality:
Once an autoresponder has been created and activated, even when paused the list and segment cannot be changed anymore?

I realised that my autoresponder, which fires a welcome message to new subscribers, also included people I manually added to the list (I know that's bad practice, but in my case makes total sense). I wanted to make sure manually added records are excluded and created a segment to that effect. However, the segment selector was greyed out for this existing AR. The only way I was able to make that specific change was to keep it on pause, then copy it and use it as a new autoresponder. This unfortunately also starts a brand new performance history of that AR campaign, which is a drag.

Is that how it's supposed to work? :confused:

Back