error message when viewing sending domains

Jeff Guynn

I just moved my mailwizz installation to a new domain and a new server. Now I'm getting the following error message when viewing Domains --> Sending Domains from the backend:
  • Your system misses a few PHP functions/extensions in order to use this feature.
  • exec function must be enabled in order to handle the DKIM keys.
I imagine it could be that the file transfer was incomplete, some files got excluded. Is the best solution just to re-upload a clean install and overwrite? Is there a simpler solution?

How do I enable 'exec function'?

Thanks, Jeff.

Sorry for this question.

Enable exec function is mandatory also if I use Amazon SES or Mailgun?
In this situation confirm I do not need add sending domain?

Really thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 9.45.37 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 9.45.37 PM.png
    190.5 KB · Views: 4
Enable exec function is mandatory also if I use Amazon SES or Mailgun?
This is mandatory only if you want to add a sending domain.

In this situation confirm I do not need add sending domain?
In general, when using an email delivery service like: Mailgun, Amazon SES to send emails, the necessity of adding a sending domain in your MailWizz account depends on how you want to handle DKIM signatures for your emails.

In general, when using an email delivery service like: Mailgun, Amazon SES to send emails, the necessity of adding a sending domain in your MailWizz account depends on how you want to handle DKIM signatures for your emails.

Sure my domain have DKIM but also Amazon SES have his DKIM, confirm?
So what is the best to use?

Thanks.

Last edited:
@under - dkim signing only applies for smtp servers that don't offer signing. If you're using a provider to send your emails, you don't have to use sending domains, they won't help you.

@twisted1919
If you're using a provider to send your emails, you don't have to use sending domains, they won't help you.

Sorry if I'm stupid so try again with my question.

Amazons SES is provider? I think Yes.
And I use Amazons SES.
So confirm do i not need dkim signing and so I do not need add sending domains?

Thanks again!

So confirm do i not need dkim signing and so I do not need add sending domains?
Yes, when using Amazon SES, you don't necessarily have to set up DKIM signing or add sending domains.

Back