Email Templates Not Saving

Markus Skupeika

Not sure if this is correct location to place support request...

But below is issue I am finding:

Trying to Import Email Template Not Saving
- Tried adding just the code to Content Area (In Backend & Customer) (no luck)
- Tried Uploading .zip File with index.php and images (no luck)
- Tried to remove FCFile Editor (disable) and add code, no luck

I then though possibly its my HTML email code, so tried to save basic changes, but no luck in saving. So it could be some permissions possibly.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Do you have ssh to the machine? have you set the correct folder permisions after or during installation?

Please try the following:
ls -l /your-mailwizz-dir

Example
ls -l /latest

Then copy and paste the results into here or use http://pastebin.com/ and provide the url, It sounds like mailwizz is having a problem writing, Can you save some screen shots and share them?

The second thing i would like you to do is, Upload your template, go to edit the template using the CKEditor that mailwizz provides, And please click the "Source" tab next to where your font settings are in the template editior, Once you have done this please take a screen shot and upload it to here.. i would like to double check that your template is not conflicting anything in anyway.

Have you also tried to use index.html file and not index.php file?

Thanks for reply,
Here is PasteBin: http://pastebin.com/BNMr5kF4

I tried SOURCE with just the code, no luck. It seemed to just put the default text back when saving.

I am not sure by what you mean here:
ls -l /mydirectory

what is "ls -l" are you saying put the folder to 777? Bc its in my root directory ../public_html/

ls -l will show you the file permissions within the directory so in your case you would type the following.

Code:
ls -l /public_html
Then it will output something like:

Code:
$ ls -l /public_html
total 492
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4468 Nov 19 2009 DIR_COLORS
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 10 Jun 30 03:29 adjtime
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Jun 30 03:44 apache2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Nov 19 2009 bash

2) The source option i asked you to do was to click the source tab and while the source is in view within the template editior i would like you to screen shot the source code just to see if there is anything wrong there.

Your not including javascript within your template are you?

I highly suspect it is file permission issue with writing to the directory.

Ok just found issue. It was the <!--If --> statements in the code. It appears to be saving now. Thanks for helping, by you saying something with the code made me look a little more deeper into it.

Specifically it was this type of code:

<!--[if gte mso 9]>
<table id="outlookholder" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center"><tr><td>
<![endif]-->
<!--[if (IE)]>
<table width="650" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
<tr>
<td>
<![endif]-->

Glad i could help :) i knew it would be something simple, feel free to like lol ;) :rolleyes: Good luck, were here if you need us.

Back