Email box monitors & settings priority

forsit

Hello,

I have an issue with email box monitors. When I set the option "How to identify subscribers" to "by email address", it works. But when I set it to "by subscriber uid", it does not. Do I have to put some tags in the template to make it work ?

I have an other question about the "Delivery settings". They can be set in settings->cron, in settings->customer->campaign and in customer->group->campaign. How is the priority between all these settings managed ? Which one takes precedence ?

Thanks in advance for your answer

Do I have to put some tags in the template to make it work ?
Nope, you shouldn't. The subscriber uid is taken from the email headers when a subscriber replies, so if those headers are not there, it won't work. There are cases when those headers are missing, but that's not something we can control.

For delivery settings, as you pointed out, we're using a cascade system for them, that is as follows:
1. The settings from Backend > Settings > Cron are the base settings
2. Some of the settings from Backend > Settings > Customers are different than the previous ones, but the common ones are inherited from the above.
3. Some of the settings from Backend > Customer > Groups are different from previous ones, but common settings are inherited from the above.

Hello,

Nope, you shouldn't. The subscriber uid is taken from the email headers when a subscriber replies, so if those headers are not there, it won't work. There are cases when those headers are missing, but that's not something we can control.
The problem with taking this information from the headers is that it is completely dependent on the mail client, so it absolutely not reliable. Could you not add a tag to include this information in the mail body ? There would be then much less chance to loose this information.

For delivery settings, as you pointed out, we're using a cascade system for them, that is as follows:
1. The settings from Backend > Settings > Cron are the base settings
2. Some of the settings from Backend > Settings > Customers are different than the previous ones, but the common ones are inherited from the above.
3. Some of the settings from Backend > Customer > Groups are different from previous ones, but common settings are inherited from the above.
Thanks a lot for your answer !

Back