Edit Guest Login Page

Kenntkenner

Hi there,

I try to edit the login page "apps/customer/views/guest/login.php". Problem is, that every change I make not shown up on the browser-page. I tried to add lines, delete lines modify lines, but nothing is changing. Also emptying cache not helps.

Anyone an idea?

Cheers,
Steve

You should not change core files as upgrades will override your changes.
That being said, make sure you are in the right app, in customer and not in backend, in your browser.

Ahhh wrong link... thx : )

Yes I know that for good, I made a todo list for changes when I'm overwrite files with an update.

For European users (especially German ones) : You have to put an link to your privacy info page to the form, also when you use registration.

Yep you're right but not on the login screen, when you don't have a landing page to handle this. I also have to implement a cookie info later on. The new GDPR and the upcoming ePrivacy regulations will require this.

I just use the system as private service. It needs to much time to translate everything customer related. So I just let only prepared customers into the system. In Germany we have a big bunch of moro ..., when something is not correct on a webpage they send you chargeable warning letters. So its better to inform about this on every project site where you have a business running, also on just login pages. Just for example - https://newsletter.business/customer/guest/index (when its against the forum rule to post a link here plz. mention me, I'll delete it immediately)

@Kenntkenner - Gotcha :)
We're also located in EU and our lawyer didn't mentioned anything related to this when we had the GDPR initial audit, so i tend to believe it's not required by GDPR but it's just a additional information to make some customers happy.

Its not just to make them happy you have to mention it on every page a visitor have access to. Also all providers which store personal data - name, email, adress, tel., etc, have to provide their customers the following information (in Germany we have to send this to all our customers to sign it) an Commission pursuant to Section 11 BDSG - https://www.gdd.de/links/downloads/englischsprachiges-muster-zur-auftragsdatenverarbeitung (Links on the page).

Maybe in other country's in the EU its not necessary - As I wrote, we have enough people over here which want to make our business lives difficult : )

What are you trying to do? I'm not following from what I have read, so you just want a link on the login page for cookies or type of notice?

Now I have added a few changes, you could add links or notice below login and forgot password buttons. Changes are done in
apps / customer / views / guest / login.php

Add this:

</footer>
<p style="text-align: center;"><span class="nowrap link-underline"><a class="textcolor" tabindex="-1" href="link#1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer"><strong>Privacy</strong></a> and <a class="textcolor" tabindex="-1" href="link#2" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer"><strong>Cookie Notice</strong></a></span></p>
</footer>

or this

</footer>
<p style="text-align: center;"></br></br>Your text can go <strong><a href="link#2">here</a></strong>some more text<strong><a href="link#2">here</a>.</strong></p>
</footer>

Above this:
<?php
/**
* This hook gives a chance to append content after the active form fields.
* Please note that from inside the action callback you can access all the controller view variables
* via {@CAttributeCollection $collection->controller->data}
* @since 1.3.3.1
*/

Hopefully, this is what you are looking for. Also clear cache > common > runtime > cache
I also added our logo and changed login text, so your notice could be placed above as well.

As far as all pages you can just edit the footer section within the backend.

Last edited:
Yep look at Post #5

I put just this one below the login row:

HTML:
<div class="row" style="margin-top:40px">
                        <div class="col-lg-12">
                           <p><a href="https://newsletter.business/article/impressum">Impressum</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a href="https://newsletter.business/article/datenschutz">Datenschutz</a></p>
                        </div>
                    </div>

On imprint and data privacy page I added just a return to index page button.

Thx, maybe someone need an alternative

Back