Dynamic Delivery Servers / Domain Policies

Domain policies can be defined to make ISPs blocked from or assigned to specific delivery servers. A great option.

Is there any way currently to assign delivery servers to specific subscribers (aside from domain-based rules like yahoo.com)? For example, if we wanted to use ElasticEmail to send only to our most engaged names, but use Amazon SES for everyone else. We could set a dynamic segment to find anyone's whose custom field 'Last Clicked' is greater than [PAST_DAYS_7]. Is there anyway to assign a delivery server based on that filter?

Is anyone currently assigning delivery servers dynamically?

Thanks.

As far as I know, the only way to do this now is either with multiple customers, which involves a lot of importing and exporting or with segments and manually selecting delivery servers. But a new version will allow you to select why a delivery server is used for. You can see it under delivery server options but it's not (yet) working as it should. I can't wait for it to be released!

Here is my plan:
Use local SMTPs for bulk sending
Use ESP SMTP for autoresponders and follow-ups

And this should be done on one account without a need to select delivery servers each time you want to send an email.

Last edited:
Exactly, yes. It's got some great potential.

If we're talking about it, an option also to group delivery servers as 'bindings', and choose to use them on a per campaign and/or per SEGMENT basis would be great.

Back