Double Optin Process

Michael Wilding

I've just created a list with double optin, however when I add someone inside MWZ as unconfirmed they don't get sent the request, and when I import leads they go in as confirmed rather than unconfirmed and sent a confirmation email.

How do I change the import to send confirmation email?

Why are leads not being sent confirmation emails when I add to list in MWZ?

I am sure it works and I'm doing something wrong @twisted1919

The double opt-in process only applies when the subscriber subscribes, and it won't be changed as it doesn't make sense to send emails when you import lists or add from customer area.

That would be why then :D

Out of interest, wouldn't some folk want to force their customers to re-confirm imported lists? Doesn't make a difference to me, just can see the benefits of having the option to have import as re-confirmation required before changing to confirmed.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a similar query.

I'm trying to think of the best possible way to re-confirm existing subscribers (GDPR pre-compliance thing).

We have a list of existing subscribers whose status is set to confirmed. We want to send a custom email with an opt-in button for anyone who wishes to remain on the list and unsubscribe for those who don't.

Is there a way to do this automatically?

@twisted1919 just been running some tests on Subscriber Bulk Action. I was thinking I could import leads, run a bulk action to set them to Unconfirmed and then a bulk action to re-send confirmation. However for some reason the Unconfirm bulk action doesn't seem to work. I've tried it both on single and double optin list settings. Any idea why it may not be processing?

Is there anyway to import a list as unconfirmed so I can re-send that confirmation email? I was hoping to import, then run the bulk action against file to change them Unconfirmed. Running versions 1.5.1.

Is there anyway to import a list as unconfirmed so I can re-send that confirmation email?
No. But why not import them as you usually do, then run a query like:
Code:
UPDATE mw_list_subscriber SET status='unconfirmed' WHERE list_id = X AND last_updated >= DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL 1 HOUR);
(didn't test the query, test it with a select first to make sure you update the right info).

No. But why not import them as you usually do, then run a query like:
Code:
UPDATE mw_list_subscriber SET status='unconfirmed' WHERE list_id = X AND last_updated >= DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL 1 HOUR);
(didn't test the query, test it with a select first to make sure you update the right info).

Mainly because I didn't think of it :D Would be good to be able to import as unconfirmed in a future version though :)

Just saw this message. To confirm, this wouldn't be GDPR compliant. They have to re-confirm they want to optin, being able to opt-out won't be considered compliant under the new laws.
That's not something mailwizz could help with anyway.

As i said with numerous ocasions, if you collect the emails in a legit manner, using subscriptions forms and confirmation messages, there should be no problem. If one buy the email list, then he should know what he is getting into.

I'm trying to think of the best possible way to re-confirm existing subscribers (GDPR pre-compliance thing).

We have a list of existing subscribers whose status is set to confirmed. We want to send a custom email with an opt-in button for anyone who wishes to remain on the list and unsubscribe for those who don't.
Yo could use the profile update option, and if they update, they stay in, otherwise, they can use the required unsub link anyway. So you do not need to ask them to unsubscribe, but you ask to confirm by updating their profile should they wish to stay subscribed.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a similar query.

Is there a way to do this automatically?

Another way would be to export all your list as a CSV file.

Remove all the unsubscribes from it.

Use bulk action to turn the remaining leads to Unconfirmed.

Then send out an email to unconfirmed to Confirm their optin status :)

That's not something mailwizz could help with anyway.

As i said with numerous ocasions, if you collect the emails in a legit manner, using subscriptions forms and confirmation messages, there should be no problem. If one buy the email list, then he should know what he is getting into.
That's not completely true, even subscribers who have double opted-in before May 25 - 2018 need to reconfirm.
So they should be put back to unconfirmed and then resend confirmation. Correct me if i'm wrong.

So they should be put back to unconfirmed and then resend confirmation. Correct me if i'm wrong.
We took steps in the right direction with this. You can resend them a re-confirmation email and have them either unsubscribe or update their profile where they give their consent to allow you to process their data.

We took steps in the right direction with this. You can resend them a re-confirmation email and have them either unsubscribe or update their profile where they give their consent to allow you to process their data.
All e-mails i have received about confirming e-mail were made with 1 simple confirm button, without any additional steps like you would have with "Update profile" link.
This is they way i want it as well, always make the customer get what you want as easy as possible, that's like a number one rule of usability practices.

Now i'm a PHP dev myself soo... If i manually edit the code to list more than 1000 subs, will the resend confirmation function be able to send this? (will this function also send in bursts like a campaign sending normally works?)
FYI: I'm using Amazon SES

Thanks

Back