Domain Policies

Doug Tokarik

Mr Twisted,

I really dig the Domain Policies addition found within each Delivery Server page on the Admin version. However using it for the first time this week, I began by "deny"ing just one domain (aol.com). Everything was fine/working as it should. I went back and added 5 more domains to "deny" and noticed a couple days later that the campaign had stopped sending. Everything still looked correct as in it was not paused, it was not completed, there were no visible errors, but it was just stuck at 18,310 sent and no matter what we did we could not get the thing to resume sending past 18,310. So trial and error'ing shit, eventually I removed 4 of the 6 "denied" domains, and noticed this was the ticket. This is what it took to resume for some reason. Further testing; I added a 3rd domain to "deny" and sure enough, it froze it again. Moved it back to only deny 2 domains (aol.com and comcast.net) and back to resuming sending.

Is this an issue you are aware of or have seen anyone else notice and talk about it? Is it possibly just a bug? If so, hopefully bringing it to your attention helps. Please keep me posted what you find. Appreciate brutha!

So weird.. It got stuck again. So I had to bring it down to only blocking 2 domains (instead of 6) to get it going/mailing ...as I explained above. So after doing that, it resumed for a few hours but I just noticed that it has stopped again. So I went back into Domain Policies and deleted 1 of the only 2 remaining domains I had listed to be denied. So as of now, its only Deny = aol.com. And after removing a domain(s) to be denied from Domain Policies, this has again allowed the mailing to resume. ????. So its now going. But, obviously something is wrong here.

So weird.. It got stuck again. So I had to bring it down to only blocking 2 domains (instead of 6) to get it going/mailing ...as I explained above. So after doing that, it resumed for a few hours but I just noticed that it has stopped again. So I went back into Domain Policies and deleted 1 of the only 2 remaining domains I had listed to be denied. So as of now, its only Deny = aol.com. And after removing a domain(s) to be denied from Domain Policies, this has again allowed the mailing to resume. ????. So its now going. But, obviously something is wrong here.
Could you be so kind to post a screen shot please?

Its now not able to send at all even with only one domain added for "denial" See screen shot of the section I am referring to called Domain Policies

Attachments

• domain policies.jpg
    domain policies.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 34
So now its a few hours later and the latest I've found is the following: I have it down to one domain being "denied" (aol.com) and I have to change the hourly send rate (something small just like 1800/hour to 1900/hour). This will allow it to resume sending but only for a couple thousand or so then it freezes up again. I have to remove the domain from Domain Policies section (so simply removed aol.com being denied) and change the hourly send rate a little, and notice it begins sending again. So I will then go back and add aol.com again to be denied under Domain Policies and it will continue sending. But again, only for an hour or so. And then I will have to rinse, repeat. Over and over.

So now its a few hours later and the latest I've found is the following: I have it down to one domain being "denied" (aol.com) and I have to change the hourly send rate (something small just like 1800/hour to 1900/hour). This will allow it to resume sending but only for a couple thousand or so then it freezes up again. I have to remove the domain from Domain Policies section (so simply removed aol.com being denied) and change the hourly send rate a little, and notice it begins sending again. So I will then go back and add aol.com again to be denied under Domain Policies and it will continue sending. But again, only for an hour or so. And then I will have to rinse, repeat. Over and over.

@twisted1919
Looks like a bug, can u have a look?

@Doug Tokarik
For the time being, you could 'filter' those subscribers at those domains and set them as "disabled".

Back