Domain Policies - Bugged?

Emil

I have set domain policies on some of my Delivery Servers.

But somehow, once in a while, some Emails are getting through that filter and gets sent by the Delivery Server where it shouldn't.

I've been living with it for a while but now it is becoming pretty annoying as it's frequency raises.

I am not using any wildcards, but the specific domains itself with a "Deny" policy.

Has this been reported before @twisted1919? - If so, any idea or recommendation?

That's correct. If you remember we wanted it out from the app because it adds extra pressure on the app since it does something which should be done at smtp server level instead.

That's correct. If you remember we wanted it out from the app because it adds extra pressure on the app since it does something which should be done at smtp server level instead.
If people want their mailer to be slow, then they can use domain policies in the DS.
Cool feature to have, and perhaps similar to the regex blacklist re implementation.
Perhaps the problem comes from checking for each email address' domain in the midst of high speed, so perhaps switch it off for parallel sending?
Super speed senders should really have domain policies at their industrial strength MTA.
Then the benefits stay for the slow senders ;)

is there a setting, you can disable let's say all @hotmail.* emails to be sent from some DS, but other DS would be able to send it, without causing CPU to skyrocket? I can't use blacklist expression like /(.*)@hotmail\.com$/i since if i understand correctly, this would blacklist the contact when it came to be time to send email to such address. (which i would not like to do, since other DS should serve them).

thanks!!

@quepao - this is something you should do in the smtp server level, for example pmta and postal can do that.
As we noted above, mailwizz tries to do it as well, but it does not always work okay, this is the reason we wanted to remove this feature from the app, because it simply is not mailwizz's job to do so.

Back