Domain expired. Cant Login to Mailwizz

dave

Anyone know how I can login to my Mailwizz setups? I hadnt touched in a few months and i had 3 setups of it running on a server but the domains I setup the software on have expired.. Thanks.

Anyone know how I can login to my Mailwizz setups? I hadnt touched in a few months and i had 3 setups of it running on a server but the domains I setup the software on have expired.. Thanks.
You might have to go into phpMyAdmin and edit the user to have another domain in the user email address.
To get then to the backend you need to use the IP address instead of the domain, but the rest should stay:
1.2.3.4/backend/

It probably won't work with the IP if the server is a virtual web host, which it most likely is. Just download the files, dump the database and edit it like @frm.mwz suggests + check to see if there is any references to the disk and change that too then. Then upload it to a new domain and load the database and if the IP has changed, update the customer database where the license is stored here at MW, then you are ready to go.

Hmm... How can you have three instances of the same license running? Sounds like breaching the license terms and conditions, but I might misinterpret you.

It probably won't work with the IP if the server is a virtual web host
In such case, put the user name of the account re the virtual webhost there as well, oft this is
1.2.3.4/~AccountUserName/backend/...

the domains I setup the software on have expired
Simpler than what I wrote above, for the same host without moving, would be to just renew the domain(s). You need to have it on one anyway. This will avoid many problems, and will give you access to the old data, as otherwise the archives/links and other things will not work with changed domains.

If you need to move, then do a fresh install of same version as on the old server, then slip in the custom files, then import the dump of the previous DBF, then reset system URLs, but you won't have the archives working properly, since the domain(s) changed.

How can you have three instances of the same license running?
On the same server/IP, no problem.

Thank you guys. I think I actually had 3 paid licenses on 3 different ips on the same machine. I was able to rebuy 2 of the domains.
How do I get them set up again? Not sure I remember which ips they were associated with....

Thank you guys. I think I actually had 3 paid licenses on 3 different ips on the same machine. I was able to rebuy 2 of the domains.
How do I get them set up again? Not sure I remember which ips they were associated with....
If you still have the same settings in the domains, you might be able to find them here:
www.nslookuptool.com
or perhaps you have a few old backups, setup info files, or even emails from hosts/registrars where you might find hints where each domain name was hosted, or look into test emails you sent yourself, the headers might have the IPs ;)

I found the IPS. Where do I need to point the domains? Just A record to IP? Please advise. thanks.

Back