DKIM signature for the service domain

kingsend

Hello!
You are positioning your script to create a mailing service (ESP).
I think you know that most mailing systems recommend ESPs to sign emails with two DKIM signatures:
1) DKIM for the domain of the mailing service (all emails sent through the mailing service should have this signature).
2) DKIM for the client domain.
I have searched all the settings, and did not find anywhere to configure DKIM signature for the domain of the mailing service.
Apparently through your script can be configured only DKIM for the client domain.

Please, answer me if your script really does not have the ability to customize the signature of emails with two DKIM or maybe I have not found the necessary settings in the admin panel?
Also, tell me, if there is no such feature, would you be able to implement it?
Because you position your script as a solution for ESP creation, and two DKIM signatures are very important in this case.

Generally, you will want your smtp server to generate your dkim records and sign your emails, because doing it like so from the application itself, i.e: from MailWizz, will be very slow. Look into Postal for example to see how they do it.
From MailWizz's side, MailWizz can sign your outgoing emails per sending domain basis, so first you need to add your sending domain, then MailWizz will generate the dkim keys, one that you need to add in the DNS, like you say, the client one, and the other one that will stay in the system and will be used for signing your emails.
See https://www.mailwizz.com/kb/what-tracking-and-sending-domains-actually-are/ for more info.

Generally, you will want your smtp server to generate your dkim records and sign your emails, because doing it like so from the application itself, i.e: from MailWizz, will be very slow. Look into Postal for example to see how they do it.
From MailWizz's side, MailWizz can sign your outgoing emails per sending domain basis, so first you need to add your sending domain, then MailWizz will generate the dkim keys, one that you need to add in the DNS, like you say, the client one, and the other one that will stay in the system and will be used for signing your emails.
See https://www.mailwizz.com/kb/what-tracking-and-sending-domains-actually-are/ for more info.
I understand, but there are usually multiple sending servers, and as far as I know they can't all sign dkim emails with the same key for the main domain of the mailing service. If I'm wrong, please correct me.
As for Postal, we use it, but I don't see how that would solve the problem because it also only signs the "client" domain.

I understand, but there are usually multiple sending servers,
And generally, each of these servers must be able to sign for the domains they're sending from.

You can try signing from MailWizz using sending domains, as I mentioned earlier, but keep in mind the downsides as I explained.

Back