DKIM Issue - Mailwizz Settings

Hi there,
We are using Elastic Email to send our emails. They want us to have their DKIM signature attached to "Api._domainkey.YOURDOMAIN.com"

All sending domains must have this for it to be valid. However, I see MailWizz will generate as if our servers are sending it. How do I fix this issue? I don't want trouble in correct signing. I am not sure if MailWizz can do the same job in signing sending domains as Elastic Email and if there would be any conflict between the both.

Regards,
RJ

Hi there,
We are using Elastic Email to send our emails. They want us to have their DKIM signature attached to "Api._domainkey.YOURDOMAIN.com"

All sending domains must have this for it to be valid. However, I see MailWizz will generate as if our servers are sending it. How do I fix this issue? I don't want trouble in correct signing. I am not sure if MailWizz can do the same job in signing sending domains as Elastic Email and if there would be any conflict between the both.

Regards,
RJ

If you are using elastic smtp, switch off the signing in the mwz delivery server setup to let them use their's. In the mwz elastic delivery server web api setup it is not even an option.
If it is anywhere needed, you can also just replace the suggested DKIM signature with the one from elastic, which will then be found and approved.
If you end up with double signing for a while til you switch one of the two off it won't harm except it is a bit slower.
If you run into any trouble, just post a screenshot (delete anything private of course).
;)

If it is anywhere needed, you can also just replace the suggested DKIM signature with the one from elastic, which will then be found and approved.​

How exactly would I do that? They want all sending domains to have "api._domainkey.DOMAIN.COM". How do I paste the DKIM they provide so that customers setting up sending domains can use this sort of setup? How do I achieve that? Currently, if input this into Private Key and Public Key for DKIM section, it says invalid (for right reasons of course). But how can I tell my customers this when they set up sending domains using MailWizz interface.

@Roshan Jonah - If you want to follow EE recommendations, all the domains that appear in the FROM part of your emails have to have this DNS record, which can be troublesome because you have to ask your clients to add these signatures in their DNS records.
What you can do, is to have a generic FROM address, say mailing@yourdomain.com and add the DNS records for yourdomain.com and then in mailwizz in the delivery server settings, put the Force FROM setting to Always, and you might do the same for Force Sender one.

This particular issue isn't that much related to mailwizz itself but the way mailing with a 3rd-party usually works.

@Roshan Jonah - If you want to follow EE recommendations, all the domains that appear in the FROM part of your emails have to have this DNS record, which can be troublesome because you have to ask your clients to add these signatures in their DNS records.
What you can do, is to have a generic FROM address, say mailing@yourdomain.com and add the DNS records for yourdomain.com and then in mailwizz in the delivery server settings, put the Force FROM setting to Always, and you might do the same for Force Sender one.

This particular issue isn't that much related to mailwizz itself but the way mailing with a 3rd-party usually works.

Is this how ConstantContact gets away without forcing you to add any dkim keys? Curious as when I just did a test message from them (CC) to myself it did pass DKIM and SPF=pass.

Back