Delivery server for agency

josephcvh

Hi there,

I am working for a small agency where our lists are from our clients and not subscribers at our website. The list are extracted from our client CRM system.

Would like to ask whether Amazon SES would approve to increase the limits based on above explanation/reason? Or is there any other delivery server alternatives where we can send emails to our client list?

Thanks,
Joseph

I am working for a small agency where our lists are from our clients and not subscribers at our website. The list are extracted from our client CRM system.

I'm in a similar boat and just asked AWS for an increase from 50k/day to 100k/day. I was very upfront with them in detailing our instant/automated processes for dealing with bounces and complaints and emphasized that the client lists we were taking on had been mailed to for months or years on an opt-in basis.

Haven't heard back from them yet, but I said something similar when asking for 50k/day and they didn't flinch. As long as your bounce and complaint rates are currently within the healthy range you should be fine.

When I've done this in the past (before I had Mailwizz, which makes it much easier), I'd break clients into two groups: If I have proof their list and practices are good, we jump right into SES. If not, I push their mail through a provider that isn't going to beat me up over 6-7% unsubscribes or a slightly higher number of complaints. Once you do a mailing or two through that provider and the unsubs/complaints drop, you move it over to SES.

(Note to @twisted1919: Although I'm not allowing anyone else access into my Mailwizz setup and don't charge them a separate fee for mailing their stuff out, I can see how you might think this calls for an Extended License. If that's the case, let me know. I want to stay legit with you. :) )

I'm in a similar boat and just asked AWS for an increase from 50k/day to 100k/day. I was very upfront with them in detailing our instant/automated processes for dealing with bounces and complaints and emphasized that the client lists we were taking on had been mailed to for months or years on an opt-in basis.

Haven't heard back from them yet, but I said something similar when asking for 50k/day and they didn't flinch. As long as your bounce and complaint rates are currently within the healthy range you should be fine.

When I've done this in the past (before I had Mailwizz, which makes it much easier), I'd break clients into two groups: If I have proof their list and practices are good, we jump right into SES. If not, I push their mail through a provider that isn't going to beat me up over 6-7% unsubscribes or a slightly higher number of complaints. Once you do a mailing or two through that provider and the unsubs/complaints drop, you move it over to SES.

(Note to @twisted1919: Although I'm not allowing anyone else access into my Mailwizz setup and don't charge them a separate fee for mailing their stuff out, I can see how you might think this calls for an Extended License. If that's the case, let me know. I want to stay legit with you. :) )

Hello,

Thanks for the info.

I have start a conversation with you about the increase limit.

Joseph

Back