Delivery Log Tables Clear Downs

Michael Wilding

Has anybody done anything with their log tables to reduce table size?

We've got log and archive log tables totalling around 30Gb. While this doesn't cause particular issues in day-to-day running, if we need to take/restore a backup it causes a big problem.

I'm wondering what the relevance of keeping these log files are, and if there's a way we can move them off site to keep the live database as slimline as possible.

Thanks
Michael

If using 1.4.9 you can enable deleting these logs from backend > settings > cron.
Mailwizz will delete all the delivery logs for campaigns that finished 5 days ago or more and replace those logs with static counters, so you will see the counters but you won't see the actual logs in the app anymore.

Superb, is there any downside to deleting these logs? We won't lose open/click info etc... just whether an email was delivered successfully or not?

Wondering if I need to set a CRON up to run this, set to 90 days since I upgraded but still go back to Jan 1st. Or does it run just once a month?

Hmm, not sure mine is working, still got logs going back to Jan 2017 even though it’s set to delete after 90 days. Any ideas?

Back