Delete inactive subscribers

Discussion in 'General discussions' started by Ovidiu Lazar, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Ovidiu Lazar

Ovidiu Lazar New Member

S.E:
    2019-08-28 00:15:26
    L.T:
    Regular
    L.C:
    Hey everyone,

I am looking to clean up my lists using the delete-inactive-subscribers listed here:

https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/delete-inactive-subscribers-command/

Has anyone used this successfully? My main concern is that it could also delete new subscribers that haven't got a chance to open or clicked a link in the past X days/months.

Do you guys have a way of somehow checking the database to make sure the returned subscribers are indeed inactive?

I'm asking because this is a high-risk operation, it's command line, you don't get any confirmation, and to reverse you'd have to restore the db.

Thanks.

2. Ovidiu Lazar

Ovidiu Lazar New Member

S.E:
    2019-08-28 00:15:26
    L.T:
    Regular
    L.C:
    I also noticed I could just go to a list and select "do not click" and not select a campaign, then start deleting the ones that are older (even though this has the problem I mentioned earlier, it returns subscribers who are indeed newer than x days.

Is there a way to check the log for each subscribers and see whether or not they had any clicks?

3. laurentiu

laurentiu Member Staff Member

First backup database to be sure you don't lose data.
    Delete-inactive-subscribers command which will delete subscribers that did not open a campaign or did not click a link in a campaign in a given period of time.