Delete inactive subscribers via command

Hello, I've read the article on deleting inactive subscribers and I have a couple of questions for clarification.

Question 1: The article states that the command will remove subscribers who either haven't opened a campaign or clicked a link within a specified timeframe. Can you clarify if it deletes subscribers based on both criteria, or is there an option to target only those who haven't opened a campaign?

Question 2: The article mentions that the command deletes subscribers who have been inactive for 6 months. Could you elaborate on what this means? If I run the cron job today, will it remove subscribers who have been inactive from today's date going back 6 months? Or does it only consider subscribers who were added 6 months ago and have been inactive since then?

Unrelated Question: Could you explain the mechanics of an "email block request"? My campaigns exclusively use a direct unsubscribe feature, so I don't see any options for users to request a block in the emails I send. The only scenario I can think of is if a subscriber uses Gmail's block feature, which then sends a block request to MailWizz. Is that how it works?

1694392351656.png IMG_2622.jpg

Last edited:
Can you clarify if it deletes subscribers based on both criteria, or is there an option to target only those who haven't opened a campaign?
If a subscriber clicks or opens an email, it is considered active. As long as it active, it won't be removed.

If I run the cron job today, will it remove subscribers who have been inactive from today's date going back 6 months?
It will start by picking subscribers that have been added in the system starting 6 months or less, from the moment you run the command and if those also didn't do any action in the system, like opens and clicks, it will remove them.

Could you explain the mechanics of an "email block request"? My campaigns exclusively use a direct unsubscribe feature, so I don't see any options for users to request a block in the emails I send. The only scenario I can think of is if a subscriber uses Gmail's block feature, which then sends a block request to MailWizz. Is that how it works?
Each email you send has a header that contains a link to a page where subscribers can request this. Each time when you receive these, you must follow thriough with them and rmeove people that requested it, from your list.

Each email you send has a header that contains a link to a page where subscribers can request this. Each time when you receive these, you must follow thriough with them and rmeove people that requested it, from your list.
From what i've noticed with these block requests they get blocked automatically by mailwizz and added to the blacklist, which is fine by me. I am more curious about gmail subscribers, which part of the email do they click to request to be blocked? Is it something to do with feedback loop server or email box monitor?

which part of the email do they click to request to be blocked? Is it something to do with feedback loop server or email box monitor?
None of them. The unsubscribe header, which produces the link you're talking about, will only unsubscribe people ;)
When people reach the block page, their request adds them directly in the blacklist, as you properly noted.

Back