default unsubscribe process

emailwrks

hey,

i looked around the threads for an answer but couldnt really find one.

when a user clicks unsubscribe, I want to change or edit the process so they are not taken essentially to mailwizz to click the unsubscribe button. Because it exposes my domain where mailwizz is hosted and for security reasons i don't want any unsubscriber to be able to reach my login page.

this is not a tracking domain issue, hiding the mailwizz domain in the email, its when the person clicks the unsub link and is redirected to the unsub page set by mailwizz.

i know i can edit the text of this page which is fine, but i want to further hide the domain and application name.

please can someone suggest possible actions on what to do and how

thanks

Okay, with some better digging around, I've realised I need an unsubscription redirection URL box

So far after enabling my extensions for list types I think I can see it at customer level, unfortunately it's not at backend level

So I want to use direct unsub URL link in email and redirect to a seperate unsub page. Using the redirect, will this have the desired outcome? Also is there anyway to set this at admin level in the backend?

If you want to include a custom unsubscribe url, i think the correct way would be so that mailwizz would add a hook for this, and then you could, from an extension, do something like:
PHP:
Yii::app()->hooks->addFilter('campaign_common_tags_search_replace', function(array $tags, Campaign $campaign, ListSubscriber $subscriber = null){
    $tags['[UNSUBSCRIBE_URL]'] = 'http://you-customer-unsubscribe.url/?subscriber_email=' . $subscriber->email;
    return $tags;
});
But even so, if you send the subscriber to unsubscribe on an external url, how will you notify mailwizz that the subscriber unsubscribed?

Surely using the unsubscribe redirect process where you specify a page in the list > pages should be a simpler process for a confirmation page, from direct unsub URL? Without the user laying eyes on mailwizz itself

Thanks

Ok, so could you explain what exactly do I need to do to be able to directly unsubsrice the subscriber by clicking on the Unsubscribe link in an email?

Thanks

@Zoltan - There is the [DIRECT_UNSUBSCRIBE_URL] for direct unsub.
Hello, this doesn't seem to work for me. I believe I have added it properly to my mails but when tested it doesn't work. Also got an email from a subscriber who wanted to opt out but couldn't do so via the direct unsubscribe Uruk embedded in the newsletter.

Are there any other ways of activating direct unsubscribe that I can try?

@Little Sweet Miss - Give me the list subscribe url please so i can subscribe and then you can send a campaign including my email so that i can check it.

My lists are actually imported lists from my old platform which I no longer use. However, if you send me an email address I could temporarily add you to one/some of the lists and send you my newsletter with the direct unsubscribe url. You can then try to unsubscribe to get the proper picture.

Many thanks

@Little Sweet Miss - Give me the list subscribe url please so i can subscribe and then you can send a campaign including my email so that i can check it.
I think I have managed to solve the problem. In inserting the direct unsubscribe link I tried to use "other" as the protocol and it worked. (Formerly was using "http" or "https".

Now the other problem is that I am getting 100% successful delivery report with zero bounces (which is not possible because I deliberately added some invalid emails to test the process. How can I get the correct report for bounce and complaints so I can remove the, from my lists?

Thanks.

I think I have managed to solve the problem. In inserting the direct unsubscribe link I tried to use "other" as the protocol and it worked. (Formerly was using "http" or "https".

Now the other problem is that I am getting 100% successful delivery report with zero bounces (which is not possible because I deliberately added some invalid emails to test the process. How can I get the correct report for bounce and complaints so I can remove the, from my lists?

Thanks.

you will find also info in backend->servers->bounce servers (setup).

if you use smtp, then set up a bounce email address (or use the FROM sender for BOUNCE/ReturnPath best compatibility).

if you use web api, then follow the instructions of the provider and in mwz DS setup.

come back with specific questions, it is then much easier to help ;)

Last edited:
you will find also info in backend->servers->bounce servers (setup).

if you use smtp, then set up a bounce email address (or use the FROM sender for BOUNCE/ReturnPath best compatibility).

if you use web api, then follow the instructions of the provider and in mwz DS setup.

come back with specific questions, it is then much easier to help ;)

Thanks. I had actually done all the above and still no progress. I have checked the cron jobs, the bounce mailbox and bounce server association with delivery server. All looks great but still getting 100% delivery success report.

However, I notice a some emails in my Blacklisted list.

What else can I do?

Thanks. I had actually done all the above and still no progress. I have checked the cron jobs, the bounce mailbox and bounce server association with delivery server. All looks great but still getting 100% delivery success report.

However, I notice a some emails in my Blacklisted list.

What else can I do?
hit me up via PM/skype to go into detail

Back