Default tracking domain

Can I ask if its possible to have something like "default tracking domain"? So if customer don't select tracking domain, it won't be automatically our app's domain but some default domain that we could change for customers? We'd need to figure this out. Sometimes it happens to us that due to campaigns of customers who don't use the tracking domain our domain gets blacklisted.

Or If you have any other ideas? Thanks! :)

I am not quite sure how difficult will be to implement and if it worth the effort. The logic should be to have a new column on the tracking domain table saying if a domain is the default one, and that means will always be used instead of the application domain. Other method will be to have such an area somewhere in the application common settings. How is this going to work with the existing code... we need to see that together.

Cosmin

I am not quite sure how difficult will be to implement and if it worth the effort. The logic should be to have a new column on the tracking domain table saying if a domain is the default one, and that means will always be used instead of the application domain. Other method will be to have such an area somewhere in the application common settings. How is this going to work with the existing code... we need to see that together.

Cosmin
Thank you for your discussion on the topic. We will wait for any further feedback.

@twisted1919 Picky backing off the back of this, and also this thread: https://forum.mailwizz.com/threads/tracking-domain-and-deliverability.8937/ I've suddenly had need to create a different tracking domain to the MW install, as that domain has become listed in SURBL, despite best practices. So I've created a new tracking domain, and created all the relevant records. However I want that new tracking domain used for ALL customers. is that not possible?

It looks to me that my new tracking domain (click.jof.com) can only be used by one customer at a time. Do i have to create click2.jof.com for the next customer and so on?

Thanks,

J.

Last edited:
Back