Date based Autoresponders

VVT

Good Morning ! :)

I've been looking around for a way to trigger automatic emails based on a subscriber's date field. I've found this - https://forum.mailwizz.com/threads/birthday-mail.713/ while searching in the forum but am not sure of its status now. So, my requirement would be like

==
Send an autoresponder based on a subscribers date field. Example - Birthday wishes, Sending special offers on completing 'X' years of service experience, Warranty notifications based on product purchase date etc.
==

I'm sure this is a really important feature and is one of the best ways to engage customers. Please help !

That's cool..
@Andy W I'm interested to know how to do it. Could you please tell me how ? I may need just a starting point. :)

Sure! This is a bit of a hack, but I think it would do what you want:
  1. On your existing list, add a custom field for date of birth, or at least a DD-MM field (you may not need to know the year they were born)
  2. Add the data into this field (hopefully you've already got it).
  3. Look in the list_field table to find the field_id of the date of birth field you just added. It will probably be a 2 digit number.
  4. Create a new list which you will put people in to on their birthday.
  5. Create a new autoresponder campaign and set it to be sent 1 minute after a user subscribes. Write the email to wish them happy birthday.
  6. Create a new PHP file which has the api code in to add a subscriber to your new list. Now, before that API call is triggered, write some code that looks in the list_field_value table for any rows that have the current (today's date) in the value field/column. For any that are found, retrieve the subscriber_id field. Set this file to run on a CRON once a day at say 5am.
  7. Now retrieve from the list_field_value table the rows with the subscriber_id (from step 6) and field_id's 1, 2 and 3. This gives you the email address, first name and last name of the person who's birthday it is. Pass this date to the API call to add them to your new list.
When you've done this and had it running for nearly a year, you'll want some way to clear them out of the new list before their next birthday, so they can be added again.

I didn't say it would be pretty, but I bet it would do the trick ;-) Usual disclaimer - I'm not a developer, which is probably a good thing. I'd be forever writing bits of code like this :)

Back