Daily cron not running

Anyway what is the solution to disable email notification to admin?
"The "daily" command did not run in the last 2 days. Please check your cron jobs and make sure they are properly set!"
It's a shame you cannot currently do this, but we'll add a setting to turn this off in the next release!

I do not understand why some days this cron skip. Please check day 12-13-14 in the history.
If for some reason they finish with a fatal error, then there's a chance we cannot log that they ran or not, so that might be the reason, but in your case, it doesn't seem to have much to do anyway, so I don't think this is the problem, as they said, as long as it runs when you run it manually, then it should also run when in automatic mode.

In the first screenshot, they searched for console/console.php have them search for console/console.php daily to see if this cron job is triggered by the server each day ;)

It's a shame you cannot currently do this, but we'll add a setting to turn this off in the next release!

Next release is 2.4.0?

In the first screenshot, they searched for console/console.php have them search for console/console.php daily to see if this cron job is triggered by the server each day ;)

Please check the screenshot for crontab logging but sure I will post the "console/console.php daily" (and not only "console/console.php").

Attachments

• daily cron history.png
    daily cron history.png
    231.1 KB · Views: 9
  • daily cron verbose.png
    daily cron verbose.png
    85.2 KB · Views: 9
  • crontab logging.png
    crontab logging.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 9
@twisted1919 please check the last 7 days history.
Also 21 cron run but after about 38 seconds after the cron was run it appears a timeout occurred related to the database.
I do not see this issue having occurred on any other days.

Support say me: This type of timeout error appears to actually be related to the client becoming idle beyond the wait_timeout value configured within MariaDB. The connection is then timed out due to inactivity. I'm not seeing this as a common occurrence however, and hasn't been logged again.

What do you think?

Attachments

• 21 not in history.png
    21 not in history.png
    206.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 21-executed-and-timeout.png
    21-executed-and-timeout.png
    104.3 KB · Views: 6
This type of timeout error appears to actually be related to the client becoming idle beyond the wait_timeout value configured within MariaDB. The connection is then timed out due to inactivity. I'm not seeing this as a common occurrence however, and hasn't been logged again.
By default, the wait_timeout value is 28800 seconds, see https://mariadb.com/docs/server/ref/mdb/system-variables/wait_timeout/ which is much more than what you're experiencing, unless they changed it in some way.
I think your hosting is wrong, point them out to this fix: https://serverfault.com/questions/908563/mariadb-10-2-14-got-timeout-reading-communication-packets

Hi @twisted1919

The hosting answer was:

Regarding MariaDB update mentioned on that thread, we're already using a stable version here.

mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.11.6-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.2

I've done as suggested and adjusted the log, then restarted MariaDB as well.
I'd recommend monitoring the cron for now, but I believe 2 minutes now instead of 30 seconds should be enough for the process to be executed."

What do you think?
Sure I could monitoring and check what happen in the next days.

Really thanks.

@under - I really am shooting in the dark here, so I don't have much input except the above. Monitor it for a while and lets see if that's going to fix it or no.

Back