customization not working or i miss something.

João Reis

Can't make backend/index.php/settings/customization work and I want to put my logo to customer login section and in the customer interface.
Do I need to hardcode this in the template?
The custom-style alternative didn't work and the customization section don't do anything.

Thanks in advance.

That does not have any corespondence in the current theme, this is why it does not work. We will remove this in next release.

how can I create a "ready to upload" zipped file from the current theme? It would be good to use the current model to customize my own theme. Thanks.

Feel free to implement what theme you wish.
That seemed was your plan back then, to create a way to allow users to change the interface with(in) any of these themes, what changed?

Those themes come with a hard license and are full of bloat.
Is the licensing not allowing you to buy it and then include it in the mwz distro?

Maybe you would want only a few parts, and they might be obtainable elsewhere?
If so, what else would be in the way (except time)?

That seemed was your plan back then, to create a way to allow users to change the interface with(in) any of these themes, what changed?
It was a plan before the new theme came in place. But given the size of the app, implementing a new theme is just not worth it.
Thing is is just too much work and a high risk to break many things.
I would rather hire a frontend dev to improve the current look of the app via CSS.

Is the licensing not allowing you to buy it and then include it in the mwz distro?
It does, but it will cost me well over $2k. But is not the price but the time and fact it can ruin lots of things.

It was a plan before the new theme came in place. But given the size of the app, implementing a new theme is just not worth it.
Thing is is just too much work and a high risk to break many things.
I would rather hire a frontend dev to improve the current look of the app via CSS.

It does, but it will cost me well over $2k. But is not the price but the time and fact it can ruin lots of things.
Yeah, makes sense.

Besides the frontend dev you might hire,
would it be possible to have a customization interface in the backend where some/many (not necessarily all) CSS variables are displayed for adjustment, so users could experiment/change the look & feel?
I think it would be really cool :cool:

What you have in mind ?
...a customization interface
where you call the page like any other settings page in the backend
and then there it would display some/many (not necessarily all) CSS variables
and then the user could adjust them and see how it looks like
by reloading the relevant part in another tab...
Do you think that could be done?

So you mean things like link color, background color, heading sizes, etc ?
Yes, what you mentioned, various text sizes, text colors, backgrounds of tables, tooltips, infoboxes, etc, in the sense, that many elements of the UI will have CSS settings, e.g. there could be a section for the backend and customer, and if they have sub-CSS, then perhaps they can be added too (later). Maybe there is a way that makes it relatively easy to start this, and then later some more sections can come in. This may sound odd, but the translation extension parses for phrases and makes them available for translation; if the ui customization was parsing for ui variables/settings, this maybe another way to think about a possibility. But maybe there is a better/easier way!

Also upload logos for Backend - Customer - Frontend Does nothing??? Am I missing something her? How do I run an email business for my customers with no way to customize the backend or customer Skin?? I also cant find where to change the CSS for <button class="btn btn-primary btn-flat"> in the

@twisted1919 Please don't remove this feature (Logo/Text) because I made it work with just few changes in CSS... It looks amazing! Thanks :)

Back