Customer sub-accounts

Seclt

As I can see in https://www.mailwizz.com/blog/mailwizz-2.0-is-here/ with MailWizz 2.0 came new feature - customer sub-accounts: subcustomers. It is feature that I have been looking for quite long time. Could You please explain how to use/create subcustomers?

Issue that I need to be solved:
Company A gets customer account cA, but in company A newsletter group work more than one employee. One of them could be nasty and one day he will send offensive content or something. With only cA account it is hard to tell who did it (ofc, there are many other ways to prove somebody's guilt, but, You know, personal account is the easiest).

Possible sollution:
Company A gets cA account. Manager of the newsletter group creates cA1, cA2 and cA3 accounts for three employees, with specific permissions. He is responsible for the administration of these accounts. These accounts have common resources - they can easly cooperate.

Thant You in advance.

Last edited:
It works pretty much in the way you described. You can create the sub-account and then give that sub-account permissions to only manage campaigns.
Currently we do not track individual actions in the account, so if you are customer A and your customer ID is 1, and you have 2 sub accounts, B and C, with their IDs being 2 and 3, then if they do any action, they will act in behalf of your customer ID (1) so that's what is going to show up in logs/actions/etc.

1. I assume that the only way to give permissions is to create group? Or there is a panel/tab in parent customer account in which I can manage this (subaccounts permissons)?
2. How many times can I nest child account into parent account (eg. A is partent of B, B is partent of C and so on)? And could it be many to many relation?
3. Does this function have a limit (eg. 3 subaccounts per account)?

Last edited:
1. I assume that the only way to give permissions is to create group? Or there is a panel/tab in parent customer account in which I can manage this (subaccounts permissons)?
You can do this from groups or from settings > customer > subaccounts then in customer area will appear a tab subaccounts where customer can manage his subaccounts.

2. How many times can I nest child account into parent account (eg. A is partent of B, B is partent of C and so on)? And could it be many to many relation?
Customer can have subaccounts this is the only one relation.

3. Does this function have a limit (eg. 3 subaccounts per account)?
This can be set in backend area (settings > customer > subaccounts) or in group if you customer is assigned to on group.

Sorry for my stupid question.

I have a customer (yes, I am) and I have some lists, campains, etc...
My wife want to have access to the same lists and campains.
But I want that she do not use my account so I have created her personal customer account.
But correctly she do not see my lists and campains.
What is the best clean way to do this?

Really thanks.

Thanks for the reply.
I do not find it in the documentation: how could I create subaccount?

It's not so easy create a subaccount.
First I need create a group and only enable subaccount?
An then? How give access to lists, campaigns, etc..

Really thanks.

First I need create a group and only enable subaccount?
You can enable subaccounts from Backend > Settings > Customers > Subaccounts
An then? How give access to lists, campaigns, etc..
After above is enabled in backend then in Customer > Subaccounts > Create you will have this options:

Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 09.07.25.png

Back