Custom tags not working correctly in subject lines

Hi, i'm having an issue with custom tags. I want to create a custom tag to randomise certain phrases, i know it's possible with the random content tag but its very messy if i want to randomise like 50 phrases.

The custom tag actually works in the subject line, however its not rendering properly as its showing the <br /> tag after the tag as shown below screenshot

1631007335077.png

Here below screenshot is the custom tag i created

1631007483241.png

1631007501561.png

Is there anything i can do to stop the <br /> rendering in the subject line? I did try playing around with the HTML but it keeps defaulting back to the < br /> tag.

laurentiu

Staff member Support Staff MailWizz 2.0 Tester
Hi @twisted1919 i noticed the [DATE] tag is not working in subject lines. It works in the email body, just not subject lines.
In subject line will work only tags which appear if you click on [Available Tags].

nadworks

MW team, could you therefore pls add [CURRENT_DATE] to the available tags pulldown in the campaign settings? Just so my clients have the option to use it without asking. Many thanks!

Is there also a chance to re-format the date to display correctly in a European readable format = DD/MM/YY? The US format makes no sense to us here.

Last edited:

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
could you therefore pls add [CURRENT_DATE] to the available tags pulldown in the campaign settings?
Sure.

Is there also a chance to re-format the date to display correctly in a European readable format = DD/MM/YY? The US format makes no sense to us here.
Since
[CURRENT_YEAR] [CURRENT_MONTH] [CURRENT_DAY] are also available, could you use them to format your own date?
Otherwise, I can only assume we can extend the CURRENT_DATE tag to allow a format, so you could do something like:
[CURRENT_DATE format="d.m.Y"] but this can get a bit more complex, so I am not sure if it would be a good idea.

nadworks

I can live w/your first suggestion for now, but having more display options would be a great idea - maybe per list or client where define the [CURRENT_DATE] format on a customer or list level.

nadworks

This is turning into a real obstacle now.
Almost all of our data feeds are generating a timestamp in the yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm format, and that keeps clashing with the MailWizz timestamp, which we cannot change. :confused: