CSV import issues

If I keep Check mime type enabled I get a mime type error.
I tried then to disable check mime and, you are right, if I import just the addresses I pasted above it works, but if I try to import a bit longer list (a few dozen addresses) only one address is imported.
Could it be because the addresses are included in another list?
The client is used to create new lists with substancially the same addresses updated.
If this is the case, what should I do?
I am not publishing the full list (composed of about 8.000 addresses) for privacy reasons.

Let me know thanks, Carlo

Here it is a screenshot of the failed import: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zmzmu9tjssa9sm1/2018-03-29_15-46-53.png?dl=0
Below is the list I tried to import.
Actually the original list my client is trying to import does not have the first line (Name,"Surname","Email") but in such case I get the message I cannot find the email.
Before Mailwizz we were using Interspire newsletter and the client used this type of csv to import them in the newsletter software.
What can we do here? Let me know, thanks

Name,"Surname","Email"
"","","info@demo.it"
"","","info@demo.it"
"","","demo@demo.com"
"","","demo@demo.it"
"","","demoy@demo.com"
"","","demo@demo.info"
"","","info@demo.com"
"","","demo@demo.com"
"","","info@demo.com"
"","","info@demo.com"
"","","demo@demo.it"
"","","demo@demo.it"
"","","demo@demo.it"
"","","demo@demo.it"
"","","demo@demo.it"
"","","info@demo.it"
"","","demo@demo.fr "
"","","artearte@demo.it"
"","","infoscala@demo.it"
"","","demo@demo.com"
"Carlo","","info@demo.com"
"","","info@demo.it"
"","","demo@demo.it"
"","","demo@demo.com"
"","","info@demo.com"
"","","demo@demo.it"
"","","info@demo.it"
"","","gallery@demo.edu"
"","","info@demo.com"
"Marco","","demo@demo.it"
"","","art@demo.de"
"","","demo@demo.be"
"","","demo@demo.lu"
"","","info@demo.com"
"","","demo@demo.it"
"","","demo@demo.com"
"","","info@demo.com"
"","","demo@yahoo.it"
"archivio Pippini","","demo@demo.it"
"","","info@demo.it"
"","","info@demo.com"
"","","info@demo.org"
"Carlo","","demo@gmail.com"

Last edited:
Just in case you are not aware of it, but above info, if not your own/test data, should be removed asap...

You are right, but I think there is something wrong in the db and I need some help.
I solved the issue replacing all the addresses with demo leaving intact the structure.
Thanks for pointing it out.

You are right, but I think there is something wrong in the db and I need some help.
I solved the issue replacing all the addresses with demo leaving intact the structure.
Thanks for pointing it out.

Perhaps this helps with the import issue:
# run a consistency check on the dbf
# create a test list, with test subs (which have: Name, Surname, Email), then export those few subs, see the structure of the file, then use that for your desired import

Hope this helps ;)

Thanks the import works, I used it to move all the lists from the previous newsletter software.
BTW, I have no idea about how to run tests on CSV files.
I tried to export the file using Excel or Mac Pages, but I had no success.
Even more, the client will never manipulate a csv file as their skill is very low.
This type of export worked with the previous newsletter software we used, so I wonder if this is a matter of settings

I tested the csv file import on Interspire newsletter software and it works flawlessy: https://www.dropbox.com/s/63vs29bzt4ahpdz/2018-03-29_18-52-28.png?dl=0
So I doubt the csv file sent from the client is corrupted I guess there are some limitations in SOMETHING MUST BE WRONG IN MAILWIZZ NOW, I imported last month several lists from Interspire newsletter and now I always get the error: Internal Server Error.
This is not a client issue because I get the error with different clients.
Let me know, thanks, Carlo

Last edited:
What MailWizz needs, and perhaps it is already on the roadmap, is an intermediate step, after upload, but before import, where the fields of the list are matched with the available columns of the uploaded file.
For some this is urgent and important ever since.
When do you think can this be done, @twisted1919 ?

Well that would be great.
Interspire newsletter has such option and therefore, can also import data without headers.

Well that would be great.
Interspire newsletter has such option and therefore, can also import data without headers.
Meanwhile, you can do it for your customers, see the steps provided. Let me know if you have any specific questions once you are proceeding ;)

For who's reading, the issue was the high settings in the import screen which caused the server to not be able to complete the request. Lowering down the number of records imported at once to a decent number, will fix the issue.
There is no reason to try and for import to set 10k records at once, it's simply too much for most servers. Mailwizz importer runs in batches, so lower numbers perform better.

Back