CSS changed with update?

nadworks

Just checking: Have the frontend form/page classes changed so that a few custom CSS settings at .../frontend/assets/css/style-custom.css will stop working? All of my frontend list page form buttons have virtually disappeared all of a sudden because some of my custom styles are no longer applied.
Can we have a warning about such changes please, next time?

I'm also not too thrilled seeing the use of "!important" in various places in .../assets/css/adminlte.css which also affects the frontend pages. That's really dirty to overwrite.

Last edited:
Have the frontend form/page classes changed so that a few custom CSS settings at .../frontend/assets/css/style-custom.css will stop working?
No, nothing changed.

I'm also not too thrilled seeing the use of "!important" in various places in .../assets/css/adminlte.css which also affects the frontend pages. That's really dirty to overwrite.
@laurentiu - can you weight in on this?

Can you add also !important in your style-custom file and check this is fix the issue for the moment.
I just checked from version 2.2.5 to 2.2.8 latest and css has not been changed.

Last edited:
Thanks, @laurentiu and @twisted1919. That's strange, but I'll apply the necessary adjustments.

Re. the use of !important. Not ideal. Why do you even need it? You've got the base CSS. !important should only ever be a total fallback if nothing else works, and I cannot overwrite styles that you have already declared as !important without further unnecessary dirty hacks.

Back