Cross-List Segmentation

Michael Wilding

We are running evergreen campaigns in their separate lists. When someone is in one I want to mark them as Evergreen Active and remove them from getting our general newsletter list. I was hoping I could create a custom field on the evergreen lists to mark when they are actively in the campaign, and then use either a dynamic suppression list or a segment on the newsletter list based on these fields. It seems I can't do that as there is no cross-list functionality that I can see here?

Has anybody done something similar without custom coding?

We are running evergreen campaigns in their separate lists. When someone is in one I want to mark them as Evergreen Active and remove them from getting our general newsletter list. I was hoping I could create a custom field on the evergreen lists to mark when they are actively in the campaign, and then use either a dynamic suppression list or a segment on the newsletter list based on these fields. It seems I can't do that as there is no cross-list functionality that I can see here?

Has anybody done something similar without custom coding?
As you say above you can create custom filed and mark when they are actively in the campaign by change custom filed value on campaign is sent, open, link click, etc.. then create one segment for that list and use that custom field to get all subscribers which are actively in evergreen campaigns, then export that segment and then import them in one suppression list which you will use in the other campaigns to exclude sending for these subscribers.

@laurentiu thank you, that makes sense, but it's very manual. It means every time we send a broadcast to the main list, if you want to remove those active in evergreen campaigns, we've got to export the Active segment from each evergreen list, then import them into a suppression list, before sending the campaign. Is this the only way to do it? There isn't a way we can say, if someone is Active, or even Subscribed in the lists X, Y or Z then suppress them on this email?

Hello,
The closest thing to what you ask is the following:
1. Create segments for each of your lists as per your needs
2. Create more campaigns to target those segments (the campaigns will be duplicates, just the segment differs)
3. Add those campaigns to the same sending group.

This way all the campaigns will send unique emails to the subscribers that will be a union between those segments from different list.

Here are some insights about the sending groups: https://www.mailwizz.com/kb/sending-groups/

Cosmin

Thanks @ghimes that makes sense, but it's not really viable as we wanted to use it with evergreen autoresponders and then while people were in those sequences remove them from the primary newsletters while they are in the evergreen autoresponders, which means we'd have to do manual work on lists every time we wanted to send a newsletter (multiple times a week)

Back