Cron fails to function

guidonc

Hello,

I have a problem with my crons not working. The cron daemon is running them, they just don't actually do anything. They all stopped working at the same time and now when they try to run I get a message "Authentication token is no longer valid; new one required" in the log created by the cron daemon. I don't see any errors in the logs generated by the app. I have reconnected the license again and still the issue remains.

When I run them manually they show as a successful run in the misc->cron run history list. I also have a large number of queued items that are not being process even though manually running the queue goes until the timeout hits. Currently they don't show up as a working or failing execution in the cron run history, they just seem to be failing before they can do anything.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

This was responded in the Support tickets section. Your issue is your DirectAdmin authentication token. The issue is not related directly to the Mailwizz cronjobs.

Cosmin

Thank you Cosmin.
The root of the problem was the password for the linux user the crons were running as had expired. The error I was seeing "Authentication token is no longer valid; new one required" was the cron daemon's cryptic way of saying that.

Back