Critical issue on long term

Niko

Hi all,
in long term mailwizz is not stable almost in the following 2 point for IT infrastructure
as you know the mayor critical points are:
- is not available a tool for manage and delete the log files easily, after few months mysql will be in overload

- merged lists and that all subscibers are in the same table, also that stress a lot db

we can get any ETA for fix that problems?
thx you in advance

Hello Niko,

For Log files, I think latest version have some command to manage that, I have not tried but read.

Also, as a high priority feature, somewhere in the near future, i don't know exact when, we will split some of the tables that now can contain few million records, into multiple tables to make things more manageable.

My log files are 17GB now. I came to search for the proper way to delete the log files. Is it safe to just empty the two tables?

I'm not yet on the latest version. Want to do a backup before upgrading, but hate to backup 17gb of log files.

@Vroom - deleting old campaigns will remove all data associated with them, thus freeing a lot of space. That is what you should do.
Note that the campaigns are actually removed at midnight, when you delete them from the web interface, they just get hidden.

My log files are 17GB now. I came to search for the proper way to delete the log files. Is it safe to just empty the two tables?

I'm not yet on the latest version. Want to do a backup before upgrading, but hate to backup 17gb of log files.
You could perhaps take a small vps for backup and backup over there?

Also, as a high priority feature, somewhere in the near future, i don't know exact when, we will split some of the tables that now can contain few million records, into multiple tables to make things more manageable.
You could patch in duplicati which is able to backup to many places and encrypts ;)

This is the big table for me "mw_delivery_server_usage_log":

Displaying 1-100 of 68,368,957 results.

@Vroom - if you are the only on that sends using the platform, you can as well delete all the records from taht table. They are used to count the hourly quota of delivery servers but also the customer sending quota.
Then, you can also look into https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/the-performance-flags/ so that you don't save that information anymore.

If you are using quotas/sending limits, just delete records that are older than 1 month, i am sure you'll remove few million records ;)

P.S: 68M, nicely done!

Back