country time zones

Samuel Muzaevi

Hello,

I use Mailwizz email sending program from Georgia (country), but I have the American hosting for this program.

When I use the "schedule" function to send campaigns automatically for the next hours, this campaigns are not sent at what time they are planned.

Does this program automatically choose the time zone for each country or should I correct it myself?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Cristian,
Is is possible to set MW to send the email depending on the recipient's timezone? For example, I want the email to be delivered at 5pm in Japan local time, and 5pm in Germany local time.

thanks

Hi,
Unfortunately this isn't really doable at the moment, i am not even sure how one should go about this (have to do some research).
Maybe in future versions :)
Thanks.

re @Samuel Muzaevi's question
adjust the time zone of your server to your location, then it should work flawlessly

re @Gery's question
@twisted1919
Some of the commercial ESPs have a feature called e.g. 'time travel' which is essentially the one mentioned above.
Probably they use the subscriber's IP for the time zone determination and put the emails into a queue (e.g. path for each hour, i.e. 24 paths) depending on when it should go out and then a process copies them into the actual mail queue when they need to go out. Just a thought. You will quickly have better ideas when you go about it ;)

Last edited:
re @Samuel Muzaevi's question
adjust the time zone of your server to your location, then it should work flawlessly

re @Gery's question
@twisted1919
Some of the commercial ESPs have a feature called e.g. 'time travel' which is essentially the one mentioned above.
Probably they use the subscriber's IP for the time zone determination and put the emails into a queue (e.g. path for each hour, i.e. 24 paths) depending on when it should go out and then a process copies them into the actual mail queue when they need to go out. Just a thought. You will quickly have better ideas when you go about it ;)

Yeah, actually we have that feature in our very old mailing system. The database stores the user's geo ip data at the moment of signup, and when sending a campaign, the script conditionally queues the local time depending on that geo data.
I think Mailchip are offering that feature to paid customers and they call it Time Warp

Yeah, actually we have that feature in our very old mailing system. The database stores the user's geo ip data at the moment of signup, and when sending a campaign, the script conditionally queues the local time depending on that geo data.
I think Mailchip are offering that feature to paid customers and they call it Time Warp
What's that "very old mailing system" called?

Back