Co-operations for increasing the functionality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@OptiBiz1 - I am also thinking to give access to developers to mailwizz github repository so that they can make pull requests with the features they add, so that the changes/additions devs do can go directly in the app core if i am okay with them.
Of course, any feature that will be added will be first discussed a lot and if it gets the approval it has to meet certain standards.

This could open a door to so many great things, because there are several companies that use mailwizz and they are very willing to contribute(just today i had a great talk related to this) and there are huge advantages into doing this.

So yeah, i am open to this and i think we should go for it :)

Oh, this was actually directed towards everybody else but you :) . You are already fully occupied with all the other great features.

For this to work, a lot of people have to contribute. If people are just pulling the codes of what is there, then I see no reason to do it (yet). That's why I tried to start a discussion about it. The stats kind of speaks for itself. Except for your reaction, some additional 60 persons have read the thread and no one has reacted in any way.
I could also potentially give away the Mosaico Integration Plugin and see what happens. If nothing else is contributed, then there will be no more from me either.

Last edited:
Don't give up, this sounds great. And perhaps even others like LearnMailwizz or so chip-in who posted their custom development interest.

Too bad no one was interested in a co-operation/contributing. This very day I got the latest delivery from my co-worker/developer, the Mosaico responsive drag & drop editor integration plugin, which was totally kick ass - I love it already.
Now he is starting to work on the A/B split testing plugin. The requirements are more or less set and I am really looking forward to it.

In a few weeks I will do automatic (or manual) sendouts based on open rate or CTR.

Just saying... :D

Last edited:
Maybe some fellows here join in and we can put some funds together for your dev or do co-dev?

@OptiBiz1 The reason for less/no response **may be** due to the fact that most frequent forum visitors are non-developers like me :). As @frm.mwz suggested, a good number of people will be able to contribute in terms of "money". We can make a checklist of features and interested parties can contribute towards the feature they want (or a common donation). MW is one of those RARE platforms that don't take upgrade charges, so I guess a good number of ppl will be happy to contribute. If this model is practical and is within the policies of @twisted1919 , I'll also be happy to contribute :). But yeah, the real problem will be finding devs.

Another great advantage I see here is, MW is missing a feature roadmap (no way I'm blaming twisted ;)). So, if we contribute and develop features under twisted's coordination, we can avoid situations where we pay and implement a feature first but on the next version that feature comes as standard with MW. :)

@OptiBiz1 The reason for less/no response **may be** due to the fact that most frequent forum visitors are non-developers like me :). As @frm.mwz suggested, a good number of people will be able to contribute in terms of "money". We can make a checklist of features and interested parties can contribute towards the feature they want (or a common donation). MW is one of those RARE platforms that don't take upgrade charges, so I guess a good number of ppl will be happy to contribute. If this model is practical and is within the policies of @twisted1919 , I'll also be happy to contribute :). But yeah, the real problem will be finding devs.

Another great advantage I see here is, MW is missing a feature roadmap (no way I'm blaming twisted ;)). So, if we contribute and develop features under twisted's coordination, we can avoid situations where we pay and implement a feature first but on the next version that feature comes as standard with MW. :)

With a coordinated (fund raising & development) effort, everyone can win:
current & future users & developers, it will make the whole platform & ecosystem stronger!
...I want it now! :D

Reactions: VVT
@OptiBiz1 The reason for less/no response **may be** due to the fact that most frequent forum visitors are non-developers like me :). ...

Yes, you might be right about that. I am not a developer either (anymore) so I definitely see your point. I also see your point in finding developers, I initially had a couple of bad experiences, but now I am very pleased and there will be plenty for him to do not only with MW, but also other things ahead (new platforms needed by my company). I have been thinking of having it as open source, but it doesn't make any sense whatsoever that I fund the development, put in all the work in requirements specifications, testing etc, and then people just pull the sources, not really contributing in any way. I am not willing to sell the plugins and theme(s) on Envato, because that would put me in a support responsibility which I have no interest in. (My company is within business consulting, but with a twist.)

Well, anyway, I have passed that and accepted the fact that I will have the things I need developed on by my staff, then I will also get it developed in the way I want it, so it's not bad in any way. This was my initial plan, then I thought that I should at least check whether there was an interest for co-operations, but my main interest in a co-operation is not the funding but rather getting some of the missing functionalities implemented by more people, defining requirements etc (meaning, less time til everything is settled). Time consuming and labor intense things that is. My main issue is not the money, but rather time. MW is an important part of my company's strategy ahead. The sooner the addon functionalities are released, the better. The Mosaico plugin was a really good start.

The MW-platform as such is really good and just the fact that Twisted1919 has built in a plugin interface from the start is a good sign of a well thought through architecture, which enables initiatives like this. I was amazed when I found MW and I still am, although I am still a noob when it comes to some things. I should also tell you that Twisted1919 has been, and is, very helpful on some things related to my new extensions, so I am very happy with that too.

>>>>>> REMOVED PARAGRAPH <<<<<<

Last edited:
Yes, @OptiBiz1
time is key...and if a (couple) dozen people put minds/resources
together, we get there faster.

I agree on most points and hope we can still find a way to contribute
and share. Do you have a proposal in mind re mosaico, A/B test, etc?

Features, structure and system were also my reasons to go for MW,
as one could see there is a future!

Is MW's split functionality not a way to do A/B split tests (of course
more manually than with a comfortable plugin which may also help with
results comparison, but essentially it is possible already)?

Let us/me know what options you see ;)

I'm really interested in Mosaico Plugin, I think this is a really nice initiative, tho i'm not a developer but i can contribute in terms of UI & UX. :p
@OptiBiz1 Can you create a video showing how Mosaico works for your on MW ?

Thanks

Thanks, but it's too late. For this to work there have had to be a lot of persons that were willing to contribute, otherwise people would just pull the sources and never put something in and that would not be beneficial for the idea.

I have asked Twisted to remove this thread. I am to blame that this thread is still live since I have added more info to it. The offer has expired. The development of the A/B Testing plugin is up at full speed now and I personally am working on the requirements for the things to come after that has been launched.

(I have removed unnecessary info from this thread due to the expiration)

Last edited:
Sad...considering you posted the long first post with what you intend(ed) to do just on March 13th and then six days later March 19th you already wanted to give-up (on the others)...I guess a community needs a bit of time (especially when folks cut out two weeks around Easter)...and a few people were already willing to chip-in!
Perhaps you will have the best of both worlds, what will be developed at mailwizz and your own (and then you can combine)...or maybe you reconsider, and a few fellows split the resources needed. How much do you think would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back