CKEditor upgrade

Bots

Hi, it's promting for CKEditor to be upgraded.
I followed the below but themessage is still appearing? I looked for the cache folders and I don't seem to have any? How can I get the update to take?

ailwizz uses CKEditor through an extension, which has the files in apps/common/extensions/ckeditor and the assets in apps/common/extensions/ckeditor/assets/ckeditor.
This is important because the configuration file, located in apps/common/extensions/ckeditor/assets/ckeditor/config.js contains all the directives for the editor and when there are issues with the editor, that is the file you have to edit and add/remove directives from it to see if it fixes your problem.
If you plan to update ckeditor, download latest version from their website, and upload the files over the existing ones from the apps/common/extensions/ckeditor/assets/ckeditor folder so that the new files override the old ones BUT without the config.js file. You'll have to keep the original configuration file from mailwizz.

Going yo backend > extend > extensions and pressing the update button for the CKEditor will do it. You don't need to do anything else.

I am having the same problem.

Where are the full instructions for updating the Editor?

I have a fresh download of this program from yesterday and the first thing I encounter is the CK Editor need to be updated.

I updated it using the path noted here. I logged out and back in and the message persists.

There is some message here about cache, where do I find that?

Where is the "backend > extend > extensions" area of the software or folder. I don't' see it in the program and I don't see it in the FTP files for CKEditor?

----

Note: If the fresh download of this program has the CK Editor needing an update, it would be nice to add to the message, where to get the CKEditor download, where to update, it and a link to a sticky message on the forums for this missing update in a new downlaod package: http://screencast.com/t/a6fejMWDfl

You are right. I found that a few minutes ago.

After installing from mailwizz/install there is no instruction to now login to mailwizz/backend

It took me an hour and a half to figure that out.

@Jeff Morrow - Actually there are proper instructions on how and where to login after you install the app. Last step of the install makes sure of this and it even provides a direct link to backend.

I'm coming from Mandril, and I had great deliverability rate, they required it. Mandril / MailChip is too expensive. I'm trying SparkPost and ElasticEMail, both of them REQUIRE them. Neither of them required the Private DMIK key.

• For the SPF and DMIK here, am I to use the " marks and the semi-colon in the text: http://screencast.com/t/hIBxBBtz? Both SparkPost and ElasticMail didn't have the quote marks or the semi-colon.
  • What do I use for the TTL as is required in my cPanel?

For the best deliverability chances, why wouldn't I set those up?

At SparkPost and ElasticEmail the SPF and DMIK both verified within seconds. Here they are not, but I am trying differnt combinations of using the quotes and semi colons.

Here's the thing related to DKIM, you don't generate them from mailwizz for sparkpost/mailgun/etc. You go to their site, they give you those records and you use them. That's why i said you most likely don't need to use the mailwizz feature.
For tracking domains, again, most likely you don't need this feature(mailwizz tracks just fine without a tracking domain), but if you do, then mailwizz has to sit on it's own dedicated ip address and be the default domain on that ip address(this is curcial), and of course you have to add proper cname record in dns settings and wait for it's propagation.
Have a look over https://forum.mailwizz.com/threads/what-tracking-and-sending-domains-actually-are.425

Hey @twisted1919 i'm back again. After upgrade ckeditor, when we browser image on 3rd step of campaign, we got error of unable to open 'default folder'. I have also attached the screen shot.

I have upgrade two different sites and both now having same issue. Please reply asap.

Error screen shot also attached

Attachments

• folder.png
    folder.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 10
Hey @twisted1919 i'm back again. After upgrade ckeditor, when we browser image on 3rd step of campaign, we got error of unable to open 'default folder'. I have also attached the screen shot.

I have upgrade two different sites and both now having same issue. Please reply asap.

Error screen shot also attached

try these:
check folder permissions
dis/enable ckeditor
clear caches
check elfinder working
try another browser
hard reload (ctrl+f5)
(worst case: backup dbf, then reinstall mwz and import dbf)

Back