Change the unsubscribe Form

@frm.mwz

Great Suggestion!

Currently, I will need to create a link for each campaign and update it in the unsubscribe page. (Will be prone to errors as well)

But I need to create a common link across multiple campaigns. Any clue how this can be achieved?

@frm.mwz

Great Suggestion!

Currently, I will need to create a link for each campaign and update it in the unsubscribe page. (Will be prone to errors as well)

But I need to create a common link across multiple campaigns. Any clue how this can be achieved?
Kept it at the back of my head...and re-reading this popped a possible solution out: make that link change a field (asap, daily, weekly, monthly, etc) which will help segment the list by preferred frequency.
Then, when you write your messages, you include all that is new up for that list until that point in time.
Let me know if this fully addresses your question.

@frm.mwz

thanks for taking the time out to give me solutions.

Really appreciate it!

Your solution is good, but the catch is that the link in question will have to appear on the unsubscribe form

For each campaign I will have a different link and the same needs to be updated on unsubscribe form which is error prone.

Is there a hack to direct plug into the action on link click functionality of mailwhizz? I just need a single link such that on click the subscriber is moved to a less frequent list irrespective of the campaign

I know this is an old thread and am aware that we have touched upon this very point a few times in different contexts
But in essence what seems to have become a frequent list and subscriber management scenario (a combination of user expectation and typical CRM / email marketing functionality) is this:
  1. user signs up via an as-short-as-possible signup form (let's say FNAME, LNAME, EMAIL)
  2. double-optin URL invites user to edit their profile further (i.e. provide interests, birth date, location...) on profile page
  3. regardless of actions in step 2, the default new subscribers is being added to all relevant segments (content/topic/frequency options which are not part of the profile form)
  4. user receives a campaign and decides to unsubscribe
  5. unsubscribe link produces a form with different unsubscribe options (by default as per step 3, all options were ticked. By unselecting, the user can now reduce email types/topics etc.) - one of the options however must be "unsubscribe from all"

Currently, we have topic segmentation as a custom field (multi-tickbox field). The field is not required of course. The only two settings we have for this field is visible or hidden. If it's visible it'll force itself onto the profile page (which we don't want). If it's hidden, we won't be able to ever put it in front of the user.

The nature of the field as a multi-tickbox field also excludes it from being used as a "change custom field value on click" action, since that
a) only works with plain text fields
b) always completely replaces the field content = we cannot append options or remove certain options from an existing set

Therefore right now self segmentation as per user request is not possible and the workarounds are hugely limiting.
I'm looking forward to MW improvements over time to enable these processes more naturally and as part of the MW toolbox.

Back