CDN for Email Assets?

anne101

I saw the CDN section in the backend talked about using the CDN for email assets but then I found this thread in the forum

Does anyone know if using the CDN works for all email assets at this point? I was trying to figure out the proper way to set it all up when I found that thread and now I'm not sure if I should bother. If I need to setup my own location for users to upload images and get back a URL, that's fine, I just wanna know :)

As far as emails, CDN will work only for assets uploaded via the upload method, when you upload a zip archive.
If your assets in the email point to your host and not cdn, that's what we will use. So you can just make sure your assets in emails point directly to the cdn and that will fix this problem.

Sorry, I am still a little unclear on your response. Does that mean images uploaded via the FileManager tool use the CDN? And where are the settings for the CDN source? I can find the settings for the CDN base url, but nothing for credentials or source location..... so I'm really not clear on how the file would get uploaded.

I have created Akamai properties/hostnames for various s3 buckets before, so having the site assets stored in an s3 bucket and then sourced via an akamai URL in the CDN settings all makes perfect sense to me, but I really don't see how the file upload portion hooks in without me having to provide the source location and credentials.

1615301616252.png

Back