CDbException

Discussion in 'Common issues' started by RebelGnome, May 7, 2019.

  1. RebelGnome

    RebelGnome New Member

    Joined:
    May 7, 2019
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    S.E:
    2019-11-05 20:08:11
    L.T:
    Regular
    L.C:
    1
    I installed the system and all went well until the database installation where I got 500 errors. Trying to reinstall didn't work, it would just take me back to the home screen.
    I removed all the files, uploaded them again and tried to reinstall but now I get the following error:
    CDbException
    CDbConnection failed to open the DB connection.
    I'm not sure how I'm getting a database connect error as I have removed the previous database and created a new one. Also, this is a fresh install so there should be no DB information input yet anyway.

    Any ideas how I can actually install this beast?
     
  2. twisted1919

    twisted1919 Administrator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2014
    Messages:
    10,287
    Likes Received:
    2,389
    @RebelGnome - If you managed to get through the install process and then you got the database exception above, then you can enable debug like shown at https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/enable-debugging/ and it will tell you what is going on.
    You can open a support ticket and we can take a look as well in case you can't figure it out after debug.
     
  3. nemesis82

    nemesis82 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2018
    Messages:
    92
    Likes Received:
    14
    S.E:
    2019-09-17 13:35:43
    L.T:
    Regular
    L.C:
    1
    Hi, could you post you "max connections" settings" or your DB parameters settings ? I think you have an issue with this parameter but, please, post your settings.
    bye
     
    RebelGnome likes this.
  4. RebelGnome

    RebelGnome New Member

    Joined:
    May 7, 2019
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    S.E:
    2019-11-05 20:08:11
    L.T:
    Regular
    L.C:
    1
    Thanks Nemesis82. You are correct. That was the first issue so I updated all of that then kept getting the same issue... it was doing my head in. Ended up fixing it (thanks to Twisted1919) by not putting the index.php into the address because I had installed in the top level directory (ie. https://website.com/install/ worked whereas https://website.com/index.php/install/ didn't work).

    I hope this helps anyone having the same issue.
     

Share This Page