Can't Translate a String

Sebastian

I can't translate that "cannot be blank" using regular translation files.
2015-09-16_0442.png

I've done a fgrep to look where that string is in the app.
2015-09-16_0444.png

It seems that is a common message from the YII framework. My user has 'italian' as language. How can I solve this? :)

PS: for the ones which speaks italian I just saw that I wrote "campagnia" instead of "campagna"! LOL

Sebastian

I'd need to translate even the Javascript Alert "Are you sure you want to delete this item?" when you try to delete something. I found this:

./common/framework/zii/widgets/grid/CButtonColumn.php:230: $this->deleteConfirmation=Yii::t('zii','Are you sure you want to delete this item?');

Is there a way to override this? Even hardcoding an extension on my own?

Sebastian

Is it a good practice to edit core files? And by the way, I need to have both languages. I have Customers both italians and international. :\

Sebastian

... and what about the string in the "Unsubscribe form", where it says "Sorry to see you go [...]"? That string is inside an SQL file :D

2015-09-16_1937.png

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
@Sebastian - Don't touch the database files, you can only change files from inside common/framework/messages/it.
Is it a good practice to edit core files? And by the way, I need to have both languages.
No it isn't but if the translation is missing from Yii's translation files then we have no other way.