Can't stop the campaign & list count not updated

mailmole

Hi,

We've been having a number of issues with our mw lately. One campaign keeps sending even after we paused a delivery server and then also paused the campaign itself. It is still sending and seems like it will continue to everything is sent. the issue is that all the sendouts end up as Giveup. So we're just wasting memory now and don't know how to stop it.

The following is the type of an error we are seeing in the campaign logs:

++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport << 220 sub.zimbradomain.com ESMTP Postfix >> EHLO sub.mailwizzdomain.com << sub.zimbradomain.com 250-PIPELINING 250-SIZE 10240000 250-VRFY 250-ETRN 250-STARTTLS 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES 250-8BITMIME 250 DSN >> STARTTLS << 220 2.0.0 Ready to start TLS >> EHLO sub.mailwizzdomain.com << 250-sub.zimbradomain.com 250-PIPELINING 250-SIZE 10240000 250-VRFY 250-ETRN 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN 250-AUTH=LOGIN PLAIN 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES 250-8BITMIME 250 DSN >> AUTH LOGIN << 334 VXsevNlcm5hbWU6 >> Y29udGFjddirEB6bTIuYXUtbmV3djoec2xldHRlci5jb20= << 334 UGFzc3dvcmQ6 >> bDJGc3FmdVI4Z25ZRmZacWJLTFJJd1pXTeweGk2ZXB5S0FIZ1hjcDdYM3ZtMnIzSnAxVGVWeEo0elR2ZkMz << 235 2.7.0 Authentication successful ++ Swift_SmtpTransport started >> MAIL FROM:<bounce@sub.zimbradomain.com> << 250 2.1.0 Ok >> RCPT TO:<contact@contactdomain.com> << 451 4.3.0 <bounce@sub.zimbradomain.com>: Temporary lookup failure !! Expected response code 250/251/252 but got code "451", with message "451 4.3.0 <bounce@sub.zimbradomain.com>: Temporary lookup failure " (code: 451) >> RSET << 250 2.0.0 Ok

When we wanted to start a different campaign with a new list, we found that the list count showed 0 in spite of the fact that we already added subscribers. It's been hours now and it's still showing 0.

@mailmole - older version of mailwizz would have paused the campaign when the sending batch would have been over, which is consistent with your description. New versions of mailwizz however, do this in realtime, so i think the solution is to upgrade.

I was wondering, will all the data be kept after the upgrade?
Yes, of course. But make sure you do backup. And if you have plenty records in database, which most likely you have, when you hit the upgrade screen, do not do the update from browser, but instead follow the command line instructions.

@twisted1919 , thanks for the tip!

I finally bought the backup manager and added it as an extension in my backend interface. However, I am not sure where my backups dir is supposed to be. In fact, it seems like I am having 2 backup dirs. Here's how it looks like:

in var:
backups
cache
crash
lib
local
lock -> /run/lock
log
mail
opt
puppet -> /ovh/puppet/var
run -> /run
snap
spool
tmp
www​

but if cd var/www:
backups
html
mymailwizz​

So I have 2 backups, one in var and the other in var/www. My mailwizz is in var/www. And, the current backup manager setting of the storage path is /var/www/backups. I see a snapshot has been already created in var/www/backups.

Does it mean I should chmod to 0777 the backups in var or var/www? Should I then delete one of them?

By the way, where can I download the latest version if I already have a license? I couldn't find any Downloads section on the official site. And, on Envato, I didn't have an account when I bought the license.

Also, when upgrading, where should I place the update folder? Should be inside my mailwizz dir in var/www?

Sorry for such stupid questions, but I want to make sure I follow the process and won't lose all my data.

Appreciate all your help as always!

Last edited:
not sure where my backups dir is supposed to be
Ideally not in the public_html or www section since that might be accessible by world and because any other server backup program would back it up as well, so it all becomes just bigger/slower, so better put up a new dir at drive root level (not linux root).

Does it mean I should chmod to 0777 the backups in var or var/www? Should I then delete one of them?
They probably are ok with 644 or 755, but don't need world read/write/execute ;)
Before deletion make sure you don't need them, perhaps just move them all, after renaming with date in name perhaps, to the designated backup dir.

By the way, where can I download the latest version if I already have a license? I couldn't find any Downloads section on the official site. And, on Envato, I didn't have an account when I bought the license.
On CodeCanyon you should be able to access/create an account since you purchased there, see instructions on site/email.

when upgrading, where should I place the update folder? Should be inside my mailwizz dir in var/www?
Ideally unpack the mwz package on the server (that is faster than to ftp each file), then move the contents of the update folder (folders and files under update) over into the mwz dir (where they will overwrite the existing folders and files.

As always, have backups of dbf and mwz dir done, before attempting any update, just in case.
Then run the update from cli.
;)

@twisted1919

Thanks sl much for all the info. When you mean at drive root, do you mean as root@vps? And what directiry path would be best? I was thinking of placing it in var since its before www.

@twisted1919, it's in /var/www. I already have backups in /var but also I have another backups in /var/www.

The storage path in the backend is /var/www by default.

Should I change the storage path then?

Back