Campaigns stuck at Pending-Sending, Already tried the common solutions

mailmole

Hi,

Our campaigns are all stuck at Pending-Sending. We already looked into the campaign logs and crons. We already adjusted the number of campaigns to send at once to 100 and the number of campaigns in parallel to 10, double than what we actually set it to send.

Can someone let us know what can we do now that none of those helped? Is there something we missed?

Best,

Mailmole

Hi,

Our campaigns are all stuck at Pending-Sending. We already looked into the campaign logs and crons. We already adjusted the number of campaigns to send at once to 100 and the number of campaigns in parallel to 10, double than what we actually set it to send.

Can someone let us know what can we do now that none of those helped? Is there something we missed?

Best,

Mailmole
Can you post some result after you debug the send-campaigns command with this:
https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/debug-send-campaigns-command/

What is the output of:
php -v
php-cli -v
which php
This will tell you which php to use.

Last edited:
@twisted1919 I am also facing the same issue. Here is my php-cli -v report

PHP 5.6.31 (cli) (built: Aug 10 2017 14:35:58)
Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.7.5, Copyright (c) 2002-2014, by ionCube Ltd., and
with Zend Guard Loader v3.3, Copyright (c) 1998-2014, by Zend Technologies

I just updated PHP the day before. The custom server was working fine, but it says pending-sending now. I have used another email sending software and it is working fine from there.

The cronjob output says
http://imgur.com/a/BPBep
BPBep

I have checked the settings and all is good.

@David - make sure you have plenty of campaigns at once from Backend > Settings > Cron.
A good rule is: Number of Autoresponders in the system + 5 .

@twisted1919

Autoresponders in the system + 5

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have encountered another weird issue. When I click on send now, the time is correct, but when it goes back to the sending screen, the time changes from current time to about an hour or 4 hours ahead. That is why it is in pending.

The current time is 4:21am. when I click send, the time changed to 9:18AM by its self. and the other campaign time changed to 5:13am.. !!

Last edited:
@twisted1919

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have encountered another weird issue. When I click on send now, the time is correct, but when it goes back to the sending screen, the time changes from current time to about an hour or 4 hours ahead. That is why it is in pending.

The current time is 4:21am. when I click send, the time changed to 9:18AM by its self. and the other campaign time changed to 5:13am.. !!
To avoid any problems, put all times at UTC (server, user, customer, etc).

@David - make sure you have plenty of campaigns at once from Backend > Settings > Cron.
A good rule is: Number of Autoresponders in the system + 5 .

Did I understand you right: If I have for example 5 Lists with 6 Autoresponders (Follow Ups) each in my MW installation I should set /backend/index.php/settings/cron "Campaigns at once" to 5 * 6 + 5 = 30? So no problem if I have plenty of lists with different autoresponders in my system and end up with "Campaigns at once" = 200 or more?

Thank you twisted1919 for your instant response.

Another question: I'm currently testing Autoresponders. I set up 3 autoresponders (under campaigns) to the same list. For testing I set it to be send 1min. after subscribe, 3 min. and 10 min.. I add the subscribers (my own test-emails) to the list via MW-API using my own custom-made script. But now all 3 autoresponders arrive at the same time in my test email boxes and it seems that they are sent out instantly after subcribe without delay.

What could cause this behaviour?

I think you should set a higher difference between the emails to actually see how it works.
Like it is set now, they can leave mailwizz at the right time, but they can leave your smtp server at the same time.

ok, set the time after subscribe and the difference between the autoresponders to a higher value and startet the cronjob manually via SSH shell with /apps/console/console.php send-campaigns --verbose=1 and there it seems to work correctly. So I assume it will also work when I add back the standard cron for send-campaigns to my server to run automatically every minute.

Back