Campaigns not sending, still showing pending-sending

Venkat Sure

Hi Admins

I have tested all the recommendations available from this forum for "pending-sending" threads.

But my campaigns still not sending.

please check the screenshot here.

http://prntscr.com/f8dy5x

Let me know what will be the problem?

Awaiting for your update

@Venkat Sure - The article at https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/my-campaigns-dont-send-theyre-stuck-in-pending-sending-status/ covers all possible issues. Most likely the cron jobs don't trigger, so that's where you should look at first, if possible, debug the send campaigns command as shown here: https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/debug-send-campaigns-command/
Most of time, the problem with cron jobs is that you add them like /usr/bin/php -q .... but this path, /usr/bin/php, is not the correct path to the php binary, or it points to an older version of PHP, so you have to ask your host what is the correct one. Mailwizz tries to find it for you but it is not always possible.

Hi admin please find the hosting provider response. Please check the following message and suggest me what changes to be made for my cronjobs and settings if any
============================
I have checked the cron logs and they're running fine. Also tried to execute the cron manually and didn't get any error. I could see mails were sent correctly when I executed cron manually. Logs are pasted below.(they have pasted some server logs here)
I would suggest you to set the cron to run every 10-15 minutes so it don't overload the server/mail service. Also try changing php binary as /usr/bin/php instead of /usr/bin/php-cli.
So which cronjobs to be remove that checking every minute (to reduce load on the server) and which crons to be keep there?
Here is my cron settings

http://prntscr.com/f8tarh (my crons screenshot)

Can you please give me one cron statement so i will create the rest of them
please make sure to give me the necessary crons that not create load on the server as mentioned by my hosting provider

awaiting for your update.
Regards
Venkat

Also tried to execute the cron manually and didn't get any error.
Did your campaigns sent as a result of this action ?
Have your host do this: https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/debug-send-campaigns-command/

So which cronjobs to be remove that checking every minute (to reduce load on the server) and which crons to be keep there?
Don't remove any of the crons required by the app.

Can you please give me one cron statement so i will create the rest of them
Your cron jobs look good to me, have your hosting run the above debug command. Also tell them to make sure your php version from command line is at least 5.2.

Hi please find my hosting provider response. please check and hep

==========================
Hello,

I've tried following the documentation you've provided for us and this the verbose output I've got :

/usr/bin/php-cli -q /home/baypark/newsletter.pemawellness.co/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns --verbose=1
[2017-05-17 17:49:47] - Loading 60 campaigns, starting with offset 0...
[2017-05-17 17:49:47] - No campaign found, stopping.
[2017-05-17 17:49:47] - This cycle completed in 0.01 seconds and used 4 MB of memory!
[2017-05-17 17:49:47] - CPU usage in last minute: 2.47, in last 5 minutes: 2.27, in last 15 minutes: 2.25!

All of the steps were followed to the letter.
As we don't modify or write scripts or patch them, we can only handle problems server side on this matter and from this it seems that no campaigns are there to be sent.

Please review this on your end and update us .
===============================

With Regards
Venkat Sure

Hi i dont see any update on my ticket and each time we create a campaign we are contacting the hosting provider.
check my previous response sent by my hosting provider and let me know the solution.

/usr/bin/php-cli -q /home/baypark/newsletter.pemawellness.co/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns --verbose=1
[2017-05-17 17:49:47] - Loading 60 campaigns, starting with offset 0...
[2017-05-17 17:49:47] - No campaign found, stopping.
[2017-05-17 17:49:47] - This cycle completed in 0.01 seconds and used 4 MB of memory!
[2017-05-17 17:49:47] - CPU usage in last minute: 2.47, in last 5 minutes: 2.27, in last 15 minutes: 2.25!
If you had a campaign running, why does it say there's no campaign found...?

Can you please try this, edit your campaign, and schedule it for sending in the past, like one week ago, then give it some time and see if it sends. If it does not, open a support ticket at https://forum.mailwizz.com/support-tickets/open with your app url and backend login so that i can have a look.

Hi admin can you check the following message from server provider. I have sent him backend login details to check the logs
Viewing "Campaign delivery logs here", I am not seeing any fails, but I do not see the top email you provided in the SMTP log. Do you see where it says sent in the app? I'm viewing the page now and all the recent mails appear to have an "OK" message.
Respond please

Hi Admin here is another update
=============================
The cron is indeed running, per the logs earlier. For the emails its attempting to send out, it does indeed send out as well, as we've confirmed via logs/the web app. As for why it's still saying pending, when running the cron manually, no return is given, even with the /dev/null piping left off, ie:

baypark@baypark.in [~]# /usr/bin/php-cli -q /home/baypark/newsletter.pemawellness.co/apps/console/console.php send-transactional-emails
baypark@baypark.in [~]#

Can you double check the cron URL it's calling, as it's calling console.php with send-transaction-emails appended after a space.
=================================

@Venkat Sure - Your hosting is totally out-of-subject with what's going on here.
Running from command line /usr/bin/php-cli -q /home/baypark/newsletter.pemawellness.co/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns does not mean the crons run it just means mailwizz runs :-s

Tell them this:
Running "/usr/bin/php-cli -v" from command line will show you the php version that's running on the server, i.e:
Serbans-MacBook-Pro:~ cristi$ /usr/bin/php-cli -v
PHP 5.6.30 (cli) (built: Feb 7 2017 16:18:37)
Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies

So i can redirect the output of this command to a file, like this:
/usr/bin/php-cli -v > /the/path/where/i/want/to/send/this/output

Now, on the server, at /home/baypark/newsletter.pemawellness.co/apps/common/runtime/application.log is the application log, so i try to log the php version in the file, from a cron job that runs each minute, so basically by adding this cron job:

* * * * * /usr/bin/php-cli -v > /home/baypark/newsletter.pemawellness.co/apps/common/runtime/application.log

I am expecting to get some output in the file.
But i get absolutely none, which means the cron job never gets triggered, so the cron does not run on this server.

And if they need more, show them the cron jobs history from the application. The cron jobs ran just fine till 7th of May, then from that point onwards, no cron job ever ran properly, sign that your hosting did something.

Now, that's all i can do for you, hope is enough. if not, i'd look for another hosting.

Back