Campaigns not sending, pending-sending, paused and general SCREW UP

Jamie Whittingham

Hi @twisted1919 and the MW crew / members ...

I have a very strange situation here.
We have 1,000's of users spread over multiple delivery server's and linked to multiple customer groups.
For some reason, in the past few hours the system seems to have gotten is knickers in a twist as it doesn't seem to be sending emails from any customer, group or DS.

The verbose output from console looks like the following ...

http://pastebin.com/1qXA3R2K

It keeps grabbing only those four users / campaigns but to make matters worse, I have just counted over 10 campaigns that are waiting to go out / stuck reporting pending-sending and then to add a cherry on top, some keep getting paused. I un-pause them and a few minutes later, they reset back to being paused (this happens under multiple customer accounts).

I am at a loss here now - any help / suggestions would be great.

Just FYI, some DS / Groups have sending limits for hourly quota only but other effected accounts do not so I don't think its the sending quota playing up again.

thanks

Hi @twisted1919 , as I said before mate, some groups / customers dont have sending quota's and are being effected just like the ones who DO have sending quota's set to hourly rates only not number of allowed emails to be sent

Ok, so from what i see you're not using the sending quota correctly for a start.
The sending quota is not really meant for short periods of time as it will cause campaigns to pause when it is reached and it will not unpause them.
I just took one of the offending customers and removed ALL quota from delivery server and customer group - same issue mate
If you reset the sending quota for one of these customers you will see sending will resume.
Again, this has something to do with the way you've used the sending quota.

@Jamie Whittingham
Try setting the "Action when quota reached" to "Reset the counters for a fresh start" so that each hour, after they used up their quota, they get the new quota, otherwise, you have 'wait to expire' (so if they send 125 in 3 minutes, they wait for 57 min) and then 'do nothing' (as it does not get reset after the waiting).

Thanks guys

So @twisted1919 @frm.mwz I have a question then because I think we are going about this the wrong way.

What we are trying to do is warm up IP addresses so that only a set amount of mail is sent each day per IP address. We dont see that feature built into MW so we were going to use the hourly quota option under delivery server's but tht does not seem to work correctly.

Is there another feature / function that I've overlooked that we can use to set the total number of emails to be sent out in a 24 hour period for warming up IP addresses?
If not, please please please can we have one because its very important and doing it via PowerMTA is a pain in the ass !!!

Thanks

Thanks guys

So @twisted1919 @frm.mwz I have a question then because I think we are going about this the wrong way.

What we are trying to do is warm up IP addresses so that only a set amount of mail is sent each day per IP address. We dont see that feature built into MW so we were going to use the hourly quota option under delivery server's but tht does not seem to work correctly.

Is there another feature / function that I've overlooked that we can use to set the total number of emails to be sent out in a 24 hour period for warming up IP addresses?
If not, please please please can we have one because its very important and doing it via PowerMTA is a pain in the ass !!!

Thanks

You can use
customer groups and in there you will find
# the sending tab where you can set how many per 'minute/hour/day/week/month/year',
or/and you can adjust
# the campaigns tab's "Emails per minute".

Back