Campaign sent twice!

byhoussaine

Hi there,

I just had an issue with a campaign, I paused it and then continued the sending.
I logged in to sendgrid to find out that I sent double emails.
I checked in the backend and the customer quota is correct ( counts also the doubling emails )
But in the customer interface, It's only 1 campaign sent.

can you help me what is the source of this issue?

Thank you

Can you double check to make sure you do not have duplicate cron jobs running, This can cause duplicated emails and campaigns to be sent.

@byhoussaine - Okay, then i really don't see how an email can be sent twice unless you have somehow same cron job two times.
Does the campaign delivery log show the email twice too ?

I see. Right now i am not sure what to tell you, we changed all the delivery mechanism anyway for upcoming version.

cool, when the next version will be available?
by the way, I want an option to activate/de-activate open tracking just like url tracking, because my messages gets in spam because my domain of tracking is blacklisted, so I changed it in the code to another domain, just to send to inbox.

@twisted1919 hello
same is happening to me.

Campaigns sender, runs each minute. * * * * * /usr/bin/php -q /var/www/virtual/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns >/dev/null 2>&1
Transactional email sender, runs once at 2 minutes. */2 * * * * /usr/bin/php -q /var/www/virtual/apps/console/console.php send-transactional-emails >/dev/null 2>&1
Bounce handler, runs once at 10 minutes. */10 * * * * /usr/bin/php -q /var/www/virtual/apps/console/console.php bounce-handler >/dev/null 2>&1
Feedback loop handler, runs once at 20 minutes. */20 * * * * /usr/bin/php -q /var/www/virtual/apps/console/console.php feedback-loop-handler >/dev/null 2>&1
Delivery/Bounce processor, runs once at 3 minutes. */3 * * * * /usr/bin/php -q /var/www/virtual/apps/console/console.php process-delivery-and-bounce-log >/dev/null 2>&1
Daily cleaner, runs once a day. 0 0 * * * /usr/bin/php -q /var/www/virtual/apps/console/console.php daily >/dev/null 2>&1

Mailwizz started sending any campaign twice. No changes were done to cron jobs.
I tried with Amazon SES and same happened.

In the Campaigns delivery logs, the campaign is being logged only once.

@Gery
Do you by any chance are using the PCNTL sending method?
If not, do you have ssh access so that i can try to run a campaign from command line to see how it sends dupes?

Parallel sending via PCNTL is set to YES. Is that the reason? I will turn it off and try another sending.

atm I don't have ssh.

Gotcha, well if you have ssh to the server, then we can see what exactly is going on (pm me).
My only concern is to not be something that i have fixed in latest version and do the work twice.

@twisted1919 I've reproduced this error. Guess this is something related to the issue I reported here. All you have to do is, send a campaign to a list of 100, pause it at some point. The campaign will not immediately pause and will continue sending until the preloaded batch is completed (500 sends at once in my case)(?). And once is finished, resume the campaign, it will reset the counts to zero and start again. This is why the campaign overview won't capture the duplicates (But in my case it showed duplicates in overview as well:confused:).

Back