Breakdown of What does What?

sendmedialtd

Hey,

I've been searching the KB and the forums but i cant seem to find any information regarding what each of the below does. i.e which processes (Bounce, Feedback) need what?

Campaign-Uid (i know this is used for Bounce but is it used for anything else?)
Subscriber-Uid (i know this is used for Bounce but is it used for anything else?)
Customer-Uid
Customer-Gid
Delivery-Sid
Tracking-Did
List-Unsubscribe
List-Id
Feedback-ID
Precedence
EBS

If i wanted to remove some of these then is there any you suggest i dont to improve delivery?

Also to make things a little unique im thinking of changing the ID Names of these. I understand I'd then have to update the files that handle Bounce and Feedback Feeds and thats not a problem as i can code in PHP. Can someone confirm if these 3 files are the only ones id need to update just so i know iv not missed any, SendCampaignsCommand.php, BounceHandlerCommand.php, FeedbackLoopHandlerCommand.php. Also if i was to do this then can you confirm if theres an automatic update then would i need to make the changes again?

Thanks,
Mike

Customer-Uid
Customer-Gid
Delivery-Sid
Tracking-Did
List-Unsubscribe
List-Id
Feedback-ID
Precedence
EBS
You can rmeove those, they are not used in the app. They are just used to track various things by the administrator, like maybe at some point you want to see what delivery server has been used to send the email, or what tracking domain, or what customer group, etc.

I understand I'd then have to update the files that handle Bounce and Feedback Feeds and thats not a problem as i can code in PHP
Just keep in mind, updates will override your changes. I don't advise you changing the names. Change only the prefix if you wish.

Not a problem, i may just create an all in one header which includes Tracking ID, Delivery ID, Customer Uid, Customer Gid and List ID instead of having lots of serpeate ones.

Just incase any of you want to create a Header displaying different information within the same header this is how i did it.

Edit the file /apps/console/commands/SendCampaignsCommand.php

On line 906 add the following line:

PHP:
array('name' => $headerPrefix . 'Reference',   'value' => $customer->customer_uid . '-' . (string)intval($customer->group_id) . '-' . (string)intval($server->server_id) . '-' . (string)intval($server->tracking_domain_id) . '-' . $list->list_uid),

This will create a header called Reference. Inside the value it will display the Customer UID, Group ID, Server ID, Tracking Domain ID and List ID.

In the emails you sent it will look like this:

X-Dddj-Reference: rz053r5k8zd6a-1-2-2-za2785k9e20c8

Remember to comment out the lines the Customer UID, Group ID, Server ID, Tracking Domain ID and List ID lines by placing // infront of the line like as follows:

PHP:
//array('name' => $headerPrefix . 'Customer-Uid',   'value' => $customer->customer_uid),
//array('name' => $headerPrefix . 'Customer-Gid',   'value' => (string)intval($customer->group_id)), // because of sendgrid
//array('name' => $headerPrefix . 'Delivery-Sid',   'value' => (string)intval($server->server_id)), // because of sendgrid
//array('name' => $headerPrefix . 'Tracking-Did',   'value' => (string)intval($server->tracking_domain_id)), // because of sendgrid
//array('name' => 'List-Id',                        'value' => $list->list_uid . ' <' . $list->display_name . '>'),

Last edited:
@sendmedialtd - just a word of caution that future updates will overwrite your changes.
I advise looking into how you can do the above using app filters and hooks so that you keep things safe at upgrades.

My PHP knowledge isnt expert level so i wouldnt know how to do that. How often are the upgrades and is there any warning about an upgrade within the Backend or Email Confirmation?

or even better is there a way to disable automatic updates so that when i see there is a new version i can upgrade it when i want to and then re-update the file?

Back