Bounces are not showing

Yassine

Dear Support,

Emails are being sent out, opens & clicks are traced perfectly, however bounces are not showing up for some reason.

I have run a couple of small tests with 4 real email addresses and 2 fake email addresses, however everywhere I look it says 6 sent with success and 0 bounce results. Somehow, I also do not receive any bounced emails at the email address either.

When I ran a full-size campaign with 100k+ subscribers, I did receive 1000's of bounced reports at the reply to email address however once again I didn't see anything in the bounced reports. Furthermore, the bounced emails were actually email addresses that I verified again after and these addresses are verified and existent through multiple tools. An example of the bounce messages is:

Subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
This is the mail system at host ***.mysmtp.com.
I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.
For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.
If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.
The mail system
<***@***.org.uk>: host
**-smtp-**-1.**.com[195.***.217.***] said: 550 Invalid Recipient
- https://community.mimecast.com/docs/DOC-1369#550 (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Reporting-MTA: dns; ***.mysmtp.com
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: *****100141
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc***; **@**.co.uk
Arrival-Date: *** (CET)

Final-Recipient: rfc***; ***@***.org.uk
Original-Recipient: rfc***;***@***.org.uk
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; **-smtp-**-1.mimecast.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 Invalid Recipient -
https://community.mimecast.com/docs/DOC-1369#550

The bounce-server does not get stuck on cron-running, the emails are delivered to any test email address I use (gmail/live/company) so I personally have no idea where to look for issues.

I also do not receive any bounced emails at the email address either.
This might be the issue, the fact you don't have emails there and mailwizz has nothing to process.

What is the bounce email address you try to use?
Can you also send a test campaign and include web-ovxgm@mail-tester.com so that we can make sure the bounce email address is correct ?

Hi,
I get bounce emails in my mail but the mailwizz isn't showing the bounce rate, just all emails delivered with success, WHY ?
Could you help me ?

Thank you

Hi @Yassine
I get bounce emails in my mail but the mailwizz isn't showing the bounce rate, just all emails delivered with success, WHY ?
Mailwizz reports success deliveries ALL the deliveries where the remote server accept the email without issues. This is the correct behavior.
If later the email returns to sender, it's a bounce and mailwizz will process it.

I get bounce emails in my mail but the mailwizz isn't showing the bounce rate
One thing, are you sure that you have associated the bounce server with the delivery server(s) ?

Please follow my advice from above and do the mail-tester.com test, this way we will see what exactly goes out from your server ;)

I'm getting similar issues where the bounce report shows '0'. This has been ongoing for quite some time, how do I get the bounce data to show up in the report?

Hello,
I am having same issue and while i check there is 900 emails in INBOX but still bounces are showing zero
another issue
why i have to define 20 bounce servers each for every customer ?
like i have one box mailbox and i define one bounce server & it work fine.
but when i add any customer in deliver server , i can't select system bounce server , so i have to create another bounce server and assign it to user.
this is making too many bounce servers and vary hard to manage.
also is there a way to put just bounce email rather than attaching or selecting any bounce server ?

Thanks

I am having same issue and while i check there is 900 emails in INBOX but still bounces are showing zero
Can you add an image with the bounce settings from backend > settings > cron ?

but when i add any customer in deliver server , i can't select system bounce server , so i have to create another bounce server and assign it to user.
Because it's assumed if you add multiple delivery servers they will have their own bounce servers. if you don't like this, use just a single delivery server.

also is there a way to put just bounce email rather than attaching or selecting any bounce server ?
yeah, maybe we should add this option, though i remember there was something that prevented us to do it in the first place, will see.

yeah, maybe we should add this option, though i remember there was something that prevented us to do it in the first place, will see.
@twisted1919 this is most important and basic feature of email marketing application every other application have it. I think it should be like this
1. either use can select bounce server with delivery server.
2. or user can enter bounce address in delivery server.
This way we can reduce work on application like
if we have one bounce server processing all bounces for application.
and we can have every customer its own domain and its own bounce address and that bounce address redirect to main bounce address.
like this every customer will have its own sending & bounce address and they can verify with SPF and DKIM etc.
and in same time application will only process one bounce inbox (rather than 100s of inbox) and this will save time and resources on application.

but again if some customer want like now, they can create bounce server and then assign to delivery server.
Thanks

I'll have to think about it, i don't feel it's alright 100% to let the user type whatever as a return path since this can end up in bounces not being processed since they're sent to addresses that aren't monitored.

I'll have to think about it, i don't feel it's alright 100% to let the user type whatever as a return path since this can end up in bounces not being processed since they're sent to addresses that aren't monitored.

@twisted1919 its duty of user to make sure his return path work & i am sure every one here know that, even interspire have this option and people love to use it.

second, you can make one more option like if bounce address is changed user verify delivery server like now if bounce server change we have to verify delivery server.

Also some time i edit the delivery server just to change tracking domains and in same time bounce server cron job is processing, i can't see any bounce server in list and if i save delivery server without looking , deliver server saved without any bounce server. so now every time i edit delivery server i have to make sure cron job is not running which is bit annoying cause i have to wait long.

also like many other softwares , there should be option for rotating tracking domains cause if we send 1M emails with new tracking domain, it will get blacklisted. now every software have option for rotating url why not this great mailwizz have this, so we should select multiple tracking domains for delivery server and system have to rotate them.

Hello,
another issue
this is making too many bounce servers and vary hard to manage.

Thanks
I'm also having the same issue ... emails are sent - bounces are in the bounce email account but they don't show up in the application. Cron jobs are setup correctly but no matter what I try the bounces never get into the app. I just checked and the bounce server is associated with the sending server in the backend. PLEASE HELP!

@TonyQ - Please open a support ticket and include backend login to your app and if possible ssh access to try this.
Also login to the bounce box so that i can see the bounced emails.

Perhaps if the From email address had to be confirmed, it could be forced as the bounce address/server if no bounce server is defined. Leaving it open and not assigning a bounce server to any DS seems to fine though (with From = ReplyTo = Bounce).

Perhaps if the From email address had to be confirmed, it could be forced as the bounce address/server if no bounce server is defined. Leaving it open and not assigning a bounce server to any DS seems to fine though (with From = ReplyTo = Bounce).
exactly , but there should be option to add bounce email only in sending server / assign bounce server / nothing

I can confirm this bug - I too get bounce mails, emails are added to blacklist in mw, bounce logs in backend are there, but on the campaigns no bounces show up. They only show up when using mailgun API

I was premature ... I updated mw to latest version and now all is working well! Get bounces in campaign stats.

Back