Bounces are not being recorded with Amazon SES

@David Henry - Check the emails that go out using that server (from campaigns) and see what is the Return-Path header value.
It has to be the email address of your bounce server.

@David Henry - No no... when you receive the email in your inbox, you should have an option to view the source of that email, for example, in yahoo mail, i have this: Screenshot 2017-08-14 19.29.12.png

And if i click it, i get the source of the email, and if i look into it, i can see the return-path:
Screenshot 2017-08-14 19.30.05.png

Your email client should give you a similar option.

@twisted1919 Thanks for that. Seeing a RAW message is good stuff. Too much good info.

Anyways, the return-path is set to the e-mail from which it was sent from. How can I change this to bounce@domainname.com or this remains the same ?

The thing is that I created a test list of 5 emails ids out of which 1 emails was a confirm bounce and not a valid email address. The bounce should have come to the bounce server assigned email address. Right?

Thanks. Appreciate it.

Anyways, the return-path is set to the e-mail from which it was sent from
And you have properly associated the delivery server with the bounce server, right ?
Can you tell me about your smtp server, is it Exim by any chance?
Lastly, in Backend > Settings > Common, what mailer do you use ?

@David Henry - justhost is using exim and they don't allow forcing a return path.
Create a generic email address, mailer@... and use it as both, a delivery server and a bounce server.

Back