Bounce Server not processing

Jazz

Hi There
I have a bounce server setup using bounce2*******.com
I save it and it saves fine so conenction is good. Using IMAP
When I log into that email box at webmail, there are more than 30k bounces lying in it
The bounce server is attached to the sending server.
I enabled debugging and ran the bounce job manually, without any any issues, yet when I look at the bounce logs, nothing is processed, and when i look at the campaign, it shows zero bounces
Also, the emails in the mailbox are getting more and more, and nothing gets deleted.

I have read all the posts in this forum, and tried everything, but cannot fidn the problem.

any ideas from anybody please!!

Are you using one of the two latest versions?
Is the mailbox that is configured and processed the same as the one you are looking into via webmail?
Have you tried pop instead of imap?
Do you have 'Delete all messages' set to "yes"?

Hi There.
1. I am using version 1.3.7.2
2. yes the mailboxes are the same. I have double checked about 5 times
3. I have tried pop too. But the mail server is in europe and the MW server is in USA. Coul dit be timeout due to latency?
4.Do you have 'Delete all messages' set to "yes"?, No i dont, shoukl I

No i dont, shoukl I

Yes, normally this is set to yes, so that it never has to be processed twice, but first read to the end of this post...

You can always have a forwarder send all that arrives in the bounce mbx to some extra mail storage, so that you have full records if you ever need them, or to learn from those emails (there is lots of interesting stuff in there, but some may decide to spam the bounce address as well, but even that can be revealing).

Before you delete everything in the bounce mbx, check for a number of bounces, if they are still on respective lists. The list/campaign/subscriber codes are in the unsubscribe links. Only after you have checked that would it be advisable to switch to 'yes' ;)

If you cannot get it to do what you want, feel free to PM me access details, and I shall take a look.

Lots of good advice is also directly available in the app, when you have your mouse cursor over the respective field options :cool:

@Jazz - What you can also do is to open the file apps/common/components/vendors/BounceHandler/BounceHandler.php and
look for:
Code:
public $processDaysBack = 3;
and make it
Code:
public $processDaysBack = 10;
Then save the file and try running the command line again.
This will look back 10 days instead of 3 which means it should get all the older emails in that box.

@Jazz - What you can also do is to open the file apps/common/components/vendors/BounceHandler/BounceHandler.php and
look for:
Code:
public $processDaysBack = 3;
and make it
Code:
public $processDaysBack = 10;
Then save the file and try running the command line again.
This will look back 10 days instead of 3 which means it should get all the older emails in that box.
this would be a nice option for the backend app settings ;)

Back