Bounce Server Not Processing Well

DataKings

Hi,

I'm not sure how the bounce server processes everything but it seems that some emails are not getting added to the block list that should. Specifically, does mailwizz know what to do with the following messages?

User example.name (example.email@postoffice.co.uk) not listed in Domino Directory

The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

The recipient email address no longer exist.

Permanent Failure: 550 5.1.1 User unknown

The definition file (/apps/common/vendors/BounceHandler/rules.php) contains the rule (see line 725) to handle this specific bounce message, so it should process it just fine.
If you login into your bounce box, do you still see messages, if so, how old are these?

we have 5 bounce servers setup, one of which has emails going back to friday. There are 500 in the box right now, perhaps it just needs some time to process?

I checked the rules file, and you are right. All the rules I mentioned are in there.

It might need some more time to reach that box.
However, you can try opening /apps/common/vendors/BounceHandler/BounceHandler.php and look for public $processDaysBack = 3; and make it public $processDaysBack = 7; to force the bounce handler go back 7 days.

Just knowing this goes back 3 days helps a lot. Now I know emails older than that can just be deleted.

Now we have one of our "customers" which isn't sending as well. It has already sent nearly 1.5 million campaign emails. I suspect it has something to do with old logs or something. Now I'm reading through trying to figure out ways to cleanup the database. I'm also wondering if deleting old sent campaigns will actually help or not. I would rather keep the data, but not at the expense of current campaigns.

Thanks

The definition file (/apps/common/vendors/BounceHandler/rules.php) contains the rule (see line 725) to handle this specific bounce message, so it should process it just fine.
If you login into your bounce box, do you still see messages, if so, how old are these?

Hi Twisted1919

I have been unable to get bounce back emails from Office365 Exchange,
  1. the bounce cron works fine as checked with other smtp,
  2. Bounce back email in the office365 are marked as read, but not deleted or updated in campaign report.
Microsoft changed the way there bounce email looks like, do you think the rules have to do with it, i'm trying to figure it, has anyone else had this issue recently.

Thank you

2. Bounce back email in the office365 are marked as read, but not deleted or updated in campaign report.
Microsoft changed the way there bounce email looks like, do you think the rules have to do with it, i'm trying to figure it, has anyone else had this issue recently.
If you get bounce emails from them, see if they contain all info necessary to be processed.

Hi Twisted1919

Thank you
Yas King, were you able to solve this?

Like for all bounce emails that mwz needs to process via mailbox access (ie not web hooks), what you find in the headers: camp id, sub id, list id.
Thanks for the reply! I think the issue lies in MS is creating a new header when it sends back the bounce notice or NDR. The items the software are looking for are not in the header but are in the returned email's raw source. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the reply! I think the issue lies in MS is creating a new header when it sends back the bounce notice or NDR. The items the software are looking for are not in the header but are in the returned email's raw source. Any suggestions?
That is ok, as long as they are all there in the message body.
(I was just referring to the elements which you can find in the header when you look at an email you sent via mwz.)

Back