Bounce Server Configuration

brandon wynne

Hi all,

I am setting up mailwizz on a 8GB Linode. I've already ran the mailwizz installation on my server successfully. But I am running in to some issues trying to set up my bounce server. Can someone please give insight on the following. My apologies in advance if the questions seem elementary.

1. Is your delivery server hostname the same as your bounce server hostname?

2. Do I need to have certain settings in place when setting bounce server?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

I am setting up Interspire on a 8GB Linode. I've already ran the mailwizz installation on my server successfully. But I am running in to some issues trying to set up my bounce server. Can someone please give insight on the following. My apologies in advance if the questions seem elementary.

1. Is your delivery server hostname the same as your bounce server hostname?

2. Do I need to have certain settings in place when setting bounce server?

Thanks

This forum is for MailWizz (for IEM it is elsewhere). But if you mean two mailers on one server, that is not recommended.

re #1
DS hostname may be different from DS domain name, one might assume you mean the latter. And ideally the DS domain is the same as the bounce domain.

re #2
Not sure what you mean. Please specify.

Hello,

Sorry I meant I just ran the Mailwizz installation on my 8GB Linode.
The installation was run successfully but now we are having issues configuring out bounce server.

Ok so when setting up my delivery server and bounce server. The domains are generally the same?

when setting up my delivery server and bounce server. The domains are generally the same
You can use differing domains, but if it is the same, the BOUNCE/Reply-To even the same email address as the one used for the FROM address, it works best, as spammers purposefully use totally different ones oft.

Back