Bounce Login Locked?

Tim Ventura

Our bounce-server was on the fritz - should be fixed now. I deleted, and when I try to re-add the server, I get the message: "unable to scan $HOME/Maildir Too many login failures" under the hostname box.

How can I reset this?

Our bounce-server was on the fritz - should be fixed now. I deleted, and when I try to re-add the server, I get the message: "unable to scan $HOME/Maildir Too many login failures" under the hostname box.

How can I reset this?
Perhaps just reset the pwd for that mbx (even twice, forth and back to the old one, so you have no changes anywhere else to do).

@Tim Ventura - That messages comes from your pop3/imap server that you try to use for bounce processing.
Seems there are some limits in place, best is to give it some time and try later. If that doesn't do it, then just get in touch with the people that manage that service.

Thanks guys! I did that, but it's still not working. Not sure why - I'll try to set it up again tomorrow. Are you sure there's no lock in the database anywhere for multiple failed bounce? It's weird: I have a separate Mailwizz running on another system & everything's working perfectly. So almost there....

Thanks guys! I did that, but it's still not working. Not sure why - I'll try to set it up again tomorrow. Are you sure there's no lock in the database anywhere for multiple failed bounce? It's weird: I have a separate Mailwizz running on another system & everything's working perfectly. So almost there....
After a number of failed logins (even/especially by others) it could get locked.
Check the mbx is working from another program (e.g. off server thunderbird, on server squirrel, or cli), and then check firewall, server logs.
Let us know what it was!
;)

Back