Bounce Handling through Amazon SES

Jeremy

Hello, I have been doing some digging on the topic and thought a more thorough explanation would not only help me but other members as well.
I saw your post in the comments on theme forest and posted it below:

"Basically you can create a delivery server of type Amazon SES Web API which in turn will create a SNS topic and will subscribe to it to get notifications. Please note that the SES user must have advanced permissions (see IAM user permissions in aws console, next permission after power user) so that it can be able to create the sns topic and subscribe to it"

1. Currently we are using the Amazon SES server type in MailWizz, should we switch to Amazon SES Web API?

What else needs to be done after the user permissions are changed? We add the bounce server and thats it? Please provide the steps needed to handle bounce and complaints.

Thank you for such an amazing tool!

Hey Jeremy,

1. Currently we are using the Amazon SES server type in MailWizz, should we switch to Amazon SES Web API?
Yes, you should create a new server of type amazon ses web api and configure it with your data.
You'll have to create a new amazon user like shown here:
and once the delivery server is validated, that's it, you don't need a bounce server or the like, mailwizz will do everything automatically when it comes down to bounces/complaints and you can safely remove the old delivery server for amazon.

Thanks.

Ok excellent, that worked well. Now for Mandrill, will that work the same way (handling bounce and complaints) or is there something additional that needs to be done for a Mandrill server?

Sorry for restart this post. I am using Amazon SES, I followed your video steps but when I created the delivery account on the Mailwizz I got this error: The security token included in the request is invalid.

I filled the form with the information but I don't know where to put the API KEY (Not sure if I have to put it). Thanks!

I just fixed. I put the API information on the username and password. I don't need to add a bounce server if I am using the SES Web API right ?

Thank you! Great Application ;-)

I'm having an issue here. With bounce and complaint from amazon.

I've created Amazon SES Web API delivery server. It sends mail out ok.

It created SNS topic but it did not create subscription inside this topic and mail wizz is not handling bounces and complaints. Any help please.

@Sergey - Try removing the SES server from mailwizz, then remove the SNS topic from amazon console, then try adding the server in mailwizz again but this time make sure the amazon user for which you are using the credentails has Poweruser access.

@Sergey - Try removing the SES server from mailwizz, then remove the SNS topic from amazon console, then try adding the server in mailwizz again but this time make sure the amazon user for which you are using the credentails has Poweruser access.
Now I have next issue is that subscription in sns topic is in PendingConfirmation status.

@Sergey - Do you have any firewall, or are you running the app somewhere where external services cannot reach it?
Because it looks like amazon cannot post on the confirmation url of the application.

You don't have to edit the subscription delivery policy.
you need to attach the Poweruser policy to your aws user and then generate the keys for access and with these new keys that have the permissions to handle the sns, mailwizz will create and validate your topic.

You can also try without https, but i doubt it will make any difference.

I've configured the SES Web Api services as per the video.

When I wanted to validate the server. it turns out an error.

• Cannot send the confirmation email using the data you provided.
  • Here is a transcript of the error message:
  • Invalid parameter: Unreachable Endpoint

No. it's a Amazon EC2, we are using the same Key and Secret for another Email Marketing system, which sending out fine.

The other system are not doing good in handling bouncing and we are receiving warning from SES, therefore we want to try out mailwizz.

FYI, the SNS topic was created when trying to verify the server, so I think the connection is alright.

And I've tested the Aws SMTP and it turns out working fine.

FYI, the SNS topic was created when trying to verify the server,
This means mailwizz did what it suppose to do.
The fact you get:
Invalid parameter: Unreachable Endpoint
Means that there's something wrong with the place where Amazon posts the SNS data, and since it says it's unreachable, makes me think it's network related, thus the firewall conclusion.
So maybe look inside SNS and see the registered url and try to use a tool like postman to make a post request to it and see what you get.

Sorry, some wrong information given previously.

When I look at the SNS, the Topic ARN is created, but there's no topic inside.
Therefore, there's no registered url inside.

any clue?

Not sure exactly what to advise you with this as it seems to work just fine on my end.
Maybe try removing the amazon server from mailwizz, remove the arn from aws and generate a new user with new permissions and then generate new keys and try like so.
Related to firewall, check that as well, also, maybe check mandrill too and see if that is able to create webhooks and all.

Back