Bounce emails

d3m0n

Hello,

is there a way to force bounce emails go to special box , a the moment bounce emails are processed but they are going back to costumers mail box

thx in advance

@d3m0n - bounces are returned to the email address from the return-path header in the email.
When you create a bounce server and associate it with a delivery server, mailwizz tries to set the ReturnPath of the email to the email used in the bounce server.

@d3m0n - bounces are returned to the email address from the return-path header in the email.
When you create a bounce server and associate it with a delivery server, mailwizz tries to set the ReturnPath of the email to the email used in the bounce server.

thank you for your response , much appreciated , could you please advise how to i associate a bounce server with a delivery server?

i have selected the "bounce server " in the delivery server section and verified it , but emails are still returning to customers email

thx in advance

Last edited:
thank you for your response , much appreciated , could you please advise how to i associate a bounce server with a delivery server?

i have selected the "bounce server " in the delivery server section and verified it , but emails are still returning to customers email

thx in advance
That's probably because one of the email addresses used in the DS setup go to the customer.

That's probably because one of the email addresses used in the DS setup go to the customer.
thank you for your message , could you please point me to the filed where i should set it up , to force bounce emails go to bounce box

thx in advance

Attachments

• bounce.png
    bounce.png
    224.9 KB · Views: 27
thank you for your message , could you please point me to the filed where i should set it up , to force bounce emails go to bounce box

thx in advance
It should be the FROM address, since the ReplyTo is (as the name implies) for active replies.
However, nowadays receiving servers oft do whatever they want
(since spammers oft use fake addresses in FROM, ReplyTo and ReturnPath),
hence it is best to have total consistency FROM=ReplyTo.
So, if you make the FROM field match the bounce server, this would be the first step (and you will still see some going to the ReplyTo to aforementioned reasons). This is also why you oft see (even from big commercial senders) their FROM address being 'no-reply@...' or 'bounce@...' since that is what their bounce address is (but it is not good marketing practice).
The bounce server will work off all bounces it can recognize and the rest is for customer service to deal with ;)

Back