Blue simple and blue advanced, two simple theme examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
Attached you will find two simple themes to be used as examples for creating your own theme for mailwizz.
Both examples showcase the way you can register assets, hook into mailwizz events and filters/actions and register controllers so that you can extend mailwizz from your own theme rather than from extensions.

P.S: Both themes are to be installed for customer area only!

Attachments

• blue-simple.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 351
  • blue-advanced.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 484
Still trying to figure out how to change the customer look and feel
when looking in the folder
customer/themes/blue-advanced/assets/css
i noticed that the blue.css is empty
how can i change the color scheme for the customer ?

@Winston - I don't know if you are aware but latest version of mailwizz includes support for skins which essentially are css files loaded by mailwizz. You can find these skins in backend -> settings -> customizations. You need mailwizz >= 1.3.5.2 though

I just went to backend -> settings -> customizations. but can't find the template I have just uploaded.

Uploaded themes will be found in backend -> extend -> themes.
Themes are totally different than the customization options from backend -> settings -> customization in that with themes you can replace controllers, add actions and much more, while with customizations you can only mangle the css skins of the app.

Now look in the page source, see it loaded some new assets.
If you are a developer, you should look into the theme init class and see what it does there. It's that file from where you can change the way mailwizz looks and acts entirely.

in the customer area is still using /assets/css/skin-blue.css
I haven't figured out how to use/activate the Blue Advanced skin.

Just to be sure we're on same page. Both themes are just examples that don't really change anything, but inside their init classes, there is code showcasing various things. Makes sense?
As for activating/deactivating a theme, just click the √ sign in the options column.

Just to be sure we're on same page. Both themes are just examples that don't really change anything, but inside their init classes, there is code showcasing various things. Makes sense?
As for activating/deactivating a theme, just click the √ sign in the options column.
The theme already installed and activated for customer area http://prntscr.com/9sgbyv but when i check at customer area, the blue.css not loaded. How to load the assets ( CSS and JS ) ? I already check the code and found _registerStyles function which i believe responsible to register the CSS file. I know PHP, HTML and CSS. Develop WP theme about4 years. But i have no idea how to use YII.

When enabled, either of them, it brings up an empty page for create groups, perhaps because these themes are only for the customer area?
In any case, the landon-frontend seems to work for backend and frontend.
;)

@frm.mwz - landon is only for frontend while the blue ones for customer area :)
Each area in mailwizz has it's own features, that's why we need different themes.

Yes, I understand.
I tried to point out, that by using
blue simple or
blue advanced,
it brought up an empty page for create groups, and I thought this is not wanted, so I reported it.
And in any case, the landon-frontend did not create such a problem.
But perhaps I am missing something. Sorry. Please let me know. Thx.

this theme not longer works for the latest update right? because I install the theme, and I activate it, and nothing happens

this theme not longer works for the latest update right? because I install the theme, and I activate it, and nothing happens
That is correct.

How do you property rename this starter theme? Every time i try to, it will no longer upload correctly?
You have to also rename the theme file (WhateverNameTheme.php) and also inside this file, you have to rename the class name.

Reactions: Ann
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back